1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sig suggestion...

Discussion in 'News and Site Support' started by Ronin, May 6, 2016.

1. Ronin

Ronin Active Member Supporting Member

Lots of people asking about parts, or how to fix this 'n that... maybe I'm just getting old but it's hard to keep straight who has what, exactly.

If everyone 'sigged' their ride(s) with year, make and model designation (see mine below) it would be much easier to access relevant information etc. and thus much easier to provide help.

Just an idea. :)

/Ronin

Limestone and fmartin_gila like this.
  2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Excellent suggestion. I just changed mine, when I post this we'll see if it takes.

Fred

Limestone likes this.
  3. Ronin

Thanks :D and lookin' good... :) ... that's a... DA52T...? Amiright?

Every parts search, at least here in the Motherland, starts with that #.

A FWIW... one reason, the year numbering system is different in Japan. For example, Suz19 is a 1990 but in talking to my parts guy I need to reference it by the Japanese 'Heisei' H2 year. (平成2年車), and the model number.

This year, 2016, is H28.

Even the Japanese get confused, sometimes...

4. fmartin_gila

As you say, things get a bit confusing by the numbers. Mine has the model as a DG62V, has a K6A 660cc 12 valve DOHC NA(no turbo) 5 spd 2wd and has the original Suzuki tag on the door frame which matches the number stamped into the metal under the seat. Now the interesting part is that it was originally sold and registered in Japan as a 2002 Mazda Scrum, was scrapped, brought to the Philippine, reassembled(or remanufactured), and I bought it as a 2014 Suzuki CarryVan and that is how it is now registered here. In Cebu, where they import and redo these vehicles they are completely gone through and all original body parts are retained together as one unit. They are really done up well, all body panels are matched, no rattles or anything, new glass as necessary, interiors are redone with new materials, they are changed from right steering to left steering, new tires, checked out and repaired as necessary to the mechanical parts. Actually close to a new vehicle without the new car smell and was showing 234,000 Kms on the odometer. I don't know what they sell for new, but I paid 185,000 Philippine Pesos which converts to a little over 4,000 USD, don't know what they sell for new but has to be quite a bit more than that figure. I bought it in September of 2014 and am very happy with it.

Fred

5. Ronin

Ahhh yep van... can't read... :D so yeah, 'V', silly me... That it began life as a Scrum explains the 'DG'. I think...

According to the Mazda website, a new 2016 base model 2WD 5spd would set you back Y923,400 (~USD 8,500).

6. fmartin_gila

Mine is a Plain Jane so it does come out to about half the price. They must really get them cheap as salvage in Japan in order to do what they do and still make a profit.

Fred

7. Ronin

Bump for all you newbies. Please... Make, model and year at least.

Limestone likes this.
  8. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

I think it's a great idea! I did mine!

kmoneil likes this.
  9. JTT3

JTT3 Member

Ditto

kmoneil likes this.