1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shell

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by morningwood, Dec 19, 2022.

1. morningwood

morningwood New Member

I am looking for a shell that would fit a Honda ackty. I seen several pictures of ones in the Philippines but I have not been able to contact anybody that has the half shell if anybody knows of a supplier or manufacture, I would very much appreciate the help.

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

When GemTop was still in Caldwell Idaho they would make custom one offs. Not sure they still do now that they are in Portland.

Look around your area, and see if you can someone manufacturing the metal shells. They are your best hope for finding someone willing to do a one off. pretty much a matter of cutting and assembling a frame to fit your bed and cab height, then putting a skin on it.

The Fiberglass guys would have to make up a custom master, then get a mold off of it, then make a shell. Lots of hours in labor, and since they wouldn’t be sure of selling another one, you would have to pay full price.

Another Option would be something like this one I found on Pinterest, which linked me back to a member here named Keith Dixon, who posted it in the for sale forum in 2019. He was on the Olympic Peninsula, Search for him as a member, and he might respond to a private message. 3EF65990-E6A4-4CB6-8FE6-A950402855A2.jpeg D3087A4B-4C4D-44C4-A48A-FF5FEE2C5ED9.jpeg

3. Tripthyme

Tripthyme Active Member Supporting Member

A 330 gallon ibc tote cage cut in half with a bit of the other half will fit well as a skeleton. This is my plan for my canvas top eventually.

4. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

IBC Totes are typically 48X48-inches. Minitruck beds are approximately 54-inches wide. How do you plan on doing this? It might be a workable idea for me.

5. morningwood

morningwood New Member

So you plan on using these and putting the canvas over it?

6. morningwood

morningwood New Member

Will you have to do anything to the suspension do the weight?

7. Tripthyme

Tripthyme Active Member Supporting Member

48 is the top of my headache rack it tucks in the slightest bit narrower than the top of the cab. This will also help it not catch wind so bad