1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shandong Liangzi Anyone?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by LoneWolf, Oct 28, 2015.

1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf New Member

Hey there!

Newbie here and I have been offered a 2008 Shandong Liangzi LZ970-F with 4300km on it. It is a four door with a small truck bed. It looks pretty good and a used car dealer has it, not a specialized mini-truck place.

Any reason why I should or should not buy this thing? Where would I get parts for maintenance?

Thanks for your help and guidance.

Frank

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Sounds Chinese and most guys around shy away from them,poor quality,no support.

3. ttc

ttc Active Member

All the Chinese do is clone Japanese stuff. If you know what it is cloned off of you probably can get the Japanese manufacture parts

4. ttc

ttc Active Member

But it maybe completely made from chinesium.. And may turn to rust before your eyes.

5. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Same way we used to make fun of Japanese products during the 50 & 60s. The saying was "if it's made by the J.A. PAN Co, it's no good & won't last. The Japanese have come a long ways since those days when most all their technology was copied from the US. Now they are innovators.

6. LoneWolf

LoneWolf New Member

I can get it for $3800... I can also register it here in TX and drive it on the road.

I'd love to make sure I can find oil filters and maybe brake pads before I buy this thing...

Thoughts?

7. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Try to pm Terry Beardon in Austin,he posts here as Trax and Horns, He's a dealer and a real good guy and will tell you all you need to know about these trucks.

8. Cruiserguy

Cruiserguy New Member

I have one and it uses a Harley Davidson sportster oil filter! 34k on mine and listing for 4500.