1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

saskatchewan minitruck rally

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by ddimports, Jan 5, 2008.

1. ddimports

ddimports Member

is there enough interest in a rally in Saskatchewan to have a rally this summer maybe at the lake or in Saskatoon?

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Ooh ooh...that reminds me of a mid-70's Guess Who song called "Runnin' back to Saskatoon"! I've got it on vinyl somewhere.....Hoo boy, I'm dating myself.

3. geoffreyr66

geoffreyr66 Member

Keith,
    Good old Randy Bachman. He's a good Canadian singing about Canada! These songs are few and far between.
    As for the Sask rally, what a great idea. Although 5 hours in my Carry from Edmonton to Saskatoon would kill my backside!!

4. BLES

BLES Member

Come on Geoffrey! It's not so bad... did it last month. Calgary>Edmonton>Saskatoon>home. About 650 miles I think.

DD... saw your number on my phone a few days ago. I was in your neck of the woods at the time of the call. Did you see me or???

BLES

5. d rock

d rock Member

might not be able to handle all the Roughriders jerseys! :)

6. geoffreyr66

geoffreyr66 Member

BLES,
    You might be a better man than me to do that trip. That and your SC Samba has a bit more jam than my Carry. Although there are a couple other mini trucks here in the Edmonton area. I should see if I could get a few of us together to make the run East. That would be fun!

We'd all be wearing our Eskimo's Jerseys d_rock!!;)

7. Dkwebb

Dkwebb New Member

Yeah I am there Hey we have a group in Saskatoon called Min Trucks of Canada Club - MiniBrutes we are trying to work out a regular meeting at Tims on Circle Drive - maybe a Rally out at the Hamptons, you can find the group on face book

8. Dkwebb

Dkwebb New Member

You bet I am there ,,,Summer rally is good for Me .I think you guys will be impressed when you see my truck...By the way I am thinking of making the treck to Calgary in my Mini next month wish me well...LOL, Also we are looking for some racers out there for the SIR any takers?

9. andy_george

andy_george Member

I'm jealous! I wish we were road legal in Michigan. A rally would be such a hoot!

-Andy

10. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

It is official.

Friday, July 11th we will be at SIR for drag racing. (Yes, the Minis) and Autocross on Sunday the 13th. (Again, yes, in the trucks)

Other events will be planned as well. Should be a fun weekend.

Drag racing is $25 and AutoX is $5 if you never raced before. A bit more if you have.
    No loose items, street tires, seatbelts, etc must all be in working condition. AutoCross requires a helmet. Club helmets are available but are limited in availability (They only have 2 and they are different sizes) So, good idea to bring yer own.

More details to follow, new thread will be started.

11. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

if i don't have one by then i might try to get up there just for the experience.

12. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Well, if you do , you are welcome to drive any of the trucks we have in stock. (On the street or the track)

13. treknavigator

treknavigator New Member

Ken here in North Battleford 93 Carry 33000klms love to hear about the minis and SIR Also this idea of a road rally sounds great something that hasn't been done in a long time Shell Oil Sponsored such years ago think we could get them interested again Just a thought

14. treknavigator

treknavigator New Member

what the info on facebook tell me more ken 93 carry in North Battleford

more info on the facebook site if you could

15. Dkwebb

Dkwebb New Member

Facebook Site

You can request me as a friend...send a message indicating your intentions to get on the Mini Truck site ...i will accept you as a friend and then you can add the site from my profile!

16. Colin

Colin Member

Probably wouldn't hurt to give him a link to the group or post your information.

Facebook is kind of tricky to navigate without a name. :D

17. Eljordano

Eljordano New Member

A rally would be skookum.. I'd trek from the Island to the Big Sky for sure for that one.. Just waiting for my new Sambar to come in! Keep me in the loop

18. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

yea link up that facebook group!

19. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

i am up for a mini truck rally...where and when!!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  20. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

on face book just search in the top right corner "mini truck club of Canada"