1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S83P Timing belt ??

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by dale hynes, Apr 16, 2020.

1. dale hynes

dale hynes Member

Is there any "over the counter" timing belts from Gates etc which fit the S83P engine? I live in Canada and all I see available are import ones at $90 + US for them.

2. AZmini-t

AZmini-t Member

I have an s110 SOHC so its likely a different belt, but i had good luck getting my belt from fitnpart.sg. It ended up being $45 shipped with the belt and tensioner. Might also check amayama.com if you have the part number. It's not over the counter, but was still a good deal.

3. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Dale,
    I searched all over the Gates site, and other for a reasonable Timing belt for my S81lp, going by size 16mm wide and 99 mm long, with 99 teeth. I couldn't find one. I could find the 19 mm, but I didn't want to change pulley's or trim the belt down with a razor blade, like some guys did! Good Luck!
    Limestone

4. ttc

ttc Active Member

GATES, TBDH024 possibly

5. ttc

ttc Active Member

Belt looks to be 33 usd and up

6. ttc

ttc Active Member

Tensioner is priced similarly

7. Limestone

ttc,
    That's good, but I didn't trust those sites, and that doesn't seem to be an over the counter Gates belt like, Dale was asking about. I don't know any of the printing language or the foreign conversion's to simplify that site in my mind! Thanks any way!
    Limestone

8. ttc

ttc Active Member

https://partsfan.com/daihatsu/, put your chassis code in there and you will get a parts fiche for your build. When you click the number for the part in the picture it will load the part number above. If you click the part number it will open a new window. Some times it is just the diahastsu part number sometimes if you scroll it has after market parts.

https://en.impex-jp.com/

I order most my parts here. If you paste in the part number in the search you will get results for OEM diahastsu sometimes own Toyota or other oem that have same part, along with after market part numbers and the price of them

Limestone likes this.
  9. ttc

ttc Active Member

I have had good luck with Impex. The order process is a bit of a pain. You buy the parts then once they get them they box them and get actual shipping. Once shipping is paid the mail it. Prices are always cheaper then the majority of mini truck parts suppliers. And usually it takes a week to get to me on the east coast of Canada.

Limestone likes this.
  10. Limestone

Thanks, ttc. You've got a lot more patience than me! I'm sure this will help others in the future! Great Info.
    Limestone

11. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

The S83 and S110, in SOHC, trim have the same engine, the 660-cc EF-TN. Limestonse’s S81L, has the 550-cc SOHC, engine, which is an EB series.
    The 883-cc version is an EG, series, and the 1000-cc version is the EH version.

I’d love to score an EH series for my truck, a 40% increase in horse power, with a 50% increase in torque, with no welding and fitting would be really nice. But, they never had them in anything marketed heard or in Japan. So, I’d have to source one out of Australia or the EU.

Limestone likes this.
  12. ttc

ttc Active Member

parts would come no quicker from any of the resellers in north america. it would cost me 30-80 percent more. the mark up is to much of my hard earned cash. i can wait a couple days for parts to save the coin.

Limestone likes this.
  13. Limestone

ttc,
    Your not wrong about the mark up that these guys charge! It is a little crazy!
    Limestone

AZmini-t likes this.