1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S110P single cam Daihatsu Head Torque and intake /exhaust valve clearence

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by TRAX and HORNS, Aug 17, 2011.

1. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Anybody have this info? Its for the 1995 S110P "NS" 660cc engine, single cam.
    Please.
    This truck was over heated big time.
    It got so hot that the number 1 spark plug was a *&^$ to get out. Plus the thermostat was freaking bent. But It appears that the damage was little. When it came in the shop the thing was blowing steam(white smoke) out the tail pipe. After tearing down all three cylinders indicated water.
    Things to do and parts used,
    Resurface head
    New Intake gasket
    New Head gasket
    New Exhaust gasket
    New Thermostat and gasket
    New Water pump
    New Timing belt

2. Not sounding well there,

You might want to first check the Block Deck and Head Face for Warpage. Use a straight edge or have a machine shop check if you do not have an adequate tool. The Warpage limit for the Block deck and Head Face is 0.05mm. Over that you may want to have it resurfaced up to 0.10mm. Most likely the block can service those temperatures but the head usually can not. The camshaft bosses can warp and cause binding. Most likely if you have water in all three cylinders it wasn’t just the gasket that failed. I would definitely have the machine shop check the head if you are planning to re-install it. Better yet just replace it with a rebuilt unit. By the way the torque you asked for in reference to the head bolts is 550+-50kg.cm. Parts, we have all of them including the heads.

Cheers,
    Don
    Store: www.yokohamamotors.net
    Main: www.yokohamamotors.com
    Yokohama, Japan

3. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

The only problem was head. Had to have it resurfaced. Reinstalled everything and truck runs great. These little engines can take a beating and still be ok. Head resurface was 125.00. Cam shaft and valves were ok.
    Still cant get over the bent thermostat. Sucker got pretty hot.
    Found out the the problem. It was he fan not working. That was the main problem in the over heating. Someone somewhere had wired the fan directly to the neg. side of battery. There was a lot of wire splicing for the am/fm/cd player and winch that was installed. Honest mistake by the installer. Costly for the owner.

4. MarcusL

MarcusL New Member

Thank you for this info, my father recently bought a 1997 hijet s110p.
    Found out new hose and clamp was the indicator that it heated up. I was hoping it was just needing a
    Rebuilt carb and now we encountered a blown head gasket.
    My father is a retired vet and he could use the versatility.
    I’m hoping I can do this type of job for him to get around on the property.
    The carb was at stuck so I put in a rebuilt kit and cleaned up. Now I’ll be taking it apart to find out if head is damaged.