1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S110P Hijet stumbles when I open the throttle

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by George Breckenridge, Apr 21, 2020.

1. George Breckenridge

George Breckenridge New Member

I have what appears like an accelerator pump problem. If I open the throttle real slow, all is well.
    I'm curious if others have had this problem? Any recommendations outside a new carb?

2. AZmini-t

AZmini-t Member

I've got an s110v. But efi. So no carb issues here. I'm sure someone will chime in shortly!

3. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Have you ever rebuilt a carburetor? The one on my S110P is finicky and took some thinking to figure out, and there really aren’t any setup instructions for them. I managed to get mine pretty well tweaked, but it took a bit of background knowledge to get there.

That said, the worst sport was rounding up bits and pieces to do it, because I couldn’t find a rebuild kit. Turns out GR Imports sells one. I think they want $50 for it.

You’ll need a clean place to work, I use a quarter sheet baking pan, (it helps keep the tiny bits from growing legs). A can or two of carburetor cleaner. clean every thing you can off the outside, before you loosen any screws. It is pretty much a refresh the parts that wear.

4. lou

lou New Member

Suggest you review the forum topic:
    New Carburetor

I went down that rabbit hole .... That said ensure you have clean gas and tank, Fuel filter is good, also a filter screen inside the carb bowl... There are multiple ports and 3 jets that must be clean. You have the classic problem idles but stumbles when you accelerate on throttle. Mine is a 97 s110p
    lou