1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S110P 4x4 troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by jmcindric, May 3, 2021.

1. jmcindric

jmcindric New Member

Trouble shooting the 4 wheel drive on my S110P. Has push button on dash to the left of the steering wheel, no Hi/Lo lever between seats. When the 4x4 button is in the out position (4x4 engaged, right?) I do not get an indicator light on the instrument cluster indicating that 4x4 is on. I found what I believe to be the vacuum controller for the front dif under the passenger seat. When the button is pushed in and out, the vacuum controller doesn't click. Should it? I only assume it should because while pressing the button I heard a clicking coming from the rear of the truck and isolated it down to what I think is the vacuum controller for the rear dif. I am waiting for a copy of the service manual to be delivered but was trying to trouble shoot without it. Also, how do I go about testing the vacuum lines to see if they are bad? This may seem dumb to ask, but how do I test to see if the 4x4 is working or not, is there a way to test in the garage? Thank you for your help!

BL4KKAT likes this.