1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rims and Tires, what are you guys running?

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by jreay, May 21, 2011.

1. jreay

jreay New Member

Just trying to find out what rims and tires i can get on my 93 carry.. 114.3 x 4. It's been a challenge to find nice rims that fit this bolt pattern. I looked through the post that had the cross reference for bolt patterns, but i'm more curious in whether or not ITP or another brand of quad rims would fit.

Thanks

2. dwlb

dwlb Member

I have 24x8 Bearclaws on ITP steel rims, with chains on all 4 wheels I could get around the woods in 10 " snow. Arctic Cat ATV rims are 415 x 4. Doug

Attached Files:

3. Vitnzjp

Vitnzjp Member

it depends you want off-road or on-road tires?

4. erixun

erixun Member

For off road I have Kenda Bearclaws on the stock rims, painted olive drab. Have noticed that these rims are "soft" and after some hard trail riding had to pound the rim back into shape a little with a BFH and a 2x4. I have only lost the bead once. And mind you, it WAS nasty off roading... only had dents in the rim happen twice. Thanks to some BFR's. (BIG "EFFIN" hammer/rock)

For on road I run 13" Hyundai Accent rims painted black. Havent had any trouble with those.

I am thinking about some ATV tires for the Bearclaws, kinda like the wider look, the stock rims are skinny.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  5. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

[​IMG]

I'm running DOT certified ATV radials on some weird Chinese ATV rims that had the 4x100 bolt pattern I was looking for... they're 24x10R14's and give pretty good performance all around.

RuggedCraig likes this.
  6. jreay

jreay New Member

Anyone out there running 114.3x4? I'm looking for rims for the 114.3, i can't take it to the tire shop because i'm still struggling to get it insured/registered because of import papers. It's about this | | close from becoming a full time hunting/farming truck.

Will 115 fit on my truck???

Thanks!

7. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Forget what others have said about the Arctic Cat atv rims being 115s as apposed to the 114.3 requirement; and a gental rounding requirement of the camfors...

Arcttic Cat old school steel rims are 4.5" and are just what you are looking for. I managed to acuire a "set" from within my local area....two 8" fronts and two 11" rears. $75.00

NB: The bolt holes line-up pefectly, and the camfores seat correctly no aditional work required:

WHY?

1"=2.54cm/"....metric convention
    4.5"*2.54cm/"...=11.43cm...or
    114.3mm

They are a "direct bolt on" solution...
    The front offsets are not a problem with a set of 24/12/8 Titan 489s, as they have a conical shape and so will not interfear with the front standard set-up suspention, front lower fendor, no cutting required. A flat type tire "Carli all-terain" will interfear...and some chopping must be done, also, not really a be deal...

The rears, personaly, I had a full custom off-set mount fabed up at a local meatal shop, also not a big deal. $50.00 each

BREAK-IT DOWN...

I acuired a set of Arctic Cat atv rims $75.00, acuired a factory set of Titan 489s. $400.00
    Modification for the off-set in the rear only. $50.00X2

Front, only rubbing occurs during deep turning and suspention "dive", momentary, and rubs the paint off the wheel well flat surface only.
    Rears, only rubbing occurs during "box loading"...no box load...no rubbing.

That's all. And that's what I have on my 93 Carry, please search next time, for this well documented information.

Give us a shout once you have decided which route you are locked into.

My off-road set-up...$575.00