1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing Valve Stem Seals With Out Removing Head (V-U42T 3G83)

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by flairnv, Oct 13, 2022.

1. flairnv

flairnv New Member

I saw a couple other threads on this site talking about a rope trick to try and replace the valve seals without removing the head. you stuff rope in through the spark plug hole and rotate the crank to push the pistons even more up to hold the valves in place.

But im new to engines and dont exactly know what bolt rotates the crank, can someone demonstrate or show me this on the 3G83? I ordered a valve spring compressor tool but it turned out to be too wide and couldn't hold on to the spring, can someone send me a amazon link to a tool that can compress the valve springs?

Currently i already have new valve seals, and the valve rockers are already out, the next step is to compress the springs, take out the keepers and replace the seals. im just stuck at how to go about compressing the springs and i really hope i dont have to end up taking the whole head off to have easier access on compressing the springs. is there a way to do this despite having limited space in the engine bay?

2. Clay1968

Clay1968 New Member

Were you ever able to figure this out? Im in the same boat right now!