1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement Covers & the Light above the Bed

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by jpaul70631, May 7, 2023.

1. jpaul70631

jpaul70631 Member

Hey'all:
    I smashed the rear right light assembly on my '91 Sambar. The lights still work so only the cover needs replacing, but I'd like to not half-ass this job if I can find a full assembly.
    Recommendations?

2. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

I have the appropriate part numbers and links to buy both the brake/turn and bed lamps on the Parts Spreadsheet in the Sambar References section. All of those bits are still available new.

3. jpaul70631

jpaul70631 Member

Thanks, takes a bit of digging, but I may have found something that will work.

On a separate note, above the bed, on the back of the cab is a light. What is this supposed to do? I'll try to post a picture later.

4. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

It is a light for the bed of the truck. You need your truck in at least accessory, the handbrake up, and the switch on the back of the cab needs to be pulled to the "out" position for it to come on.

5. SAITCHO

SAITCHO Active Member

I would find a mini led pod or bar on amazon and use that instead. The stock bed light even with an upgraded bulb is pretty pathetic.