1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear diff lock works intermittently

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Kravmaster, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Kravmaster

Kravmaster New Member

Hello,

My 1992 carry rear diff lock works sometimes. I can get it to engage sometimes but then other times it won't engage. I'll drive it on a dirt road in a circle and see the inside tire milling the dirt so I know it's working. Then I'll be in the trails wheeling and I'll flex and wonder why I'm stuck and I'll see only one rear tire and one front tire spinning.

Thank you in advance!

2. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

mine has the same thing happen.... & sometimes the light on the switch is on... sometimes its not.

3. Kravmaster

Kravmaster New Member

Hmmm. I know they shut off at 20km. My light will be one but the axle is not locked. Then sometimes it is locked. Idk if I have weak vaccum or not.

4. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

pretty rare for me to get up to 20kmh... but will check into that.

i did change every vacuum line on the mini.... so maybe its that.

5. Kravmaster

Kravmaster New Member

How do you not get up to 20kmh?
    I was thinking of doing that actually, I bet there is a leak.

6. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

ha ha... about the only time im ever that fast is if i run down to the store/gas station.

rest of the time in my yard? never out of first gear... shift point is 20kmh.

or if im on my trails or hill climbing or working a load? nah never climbing anything that requires diff lock at any real speed.

its always creeping/crawling up or down on the steep stuff. keeps your kidneys intact & the Mini off of its roof/sides. :)

7. Kravmaster

Kravmaster New Member

Haha that's awesome. I am going in the woods a lot with mine also, but my diff lock comes and goes. I'll have to try the lines.