1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rear cargo light

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Maximal, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Maximal

Maximal Active Member

can anyone tell me how to get this rear cargo light to light up? it has a bulb and i changed it but still cant get it, i initially thought it was the black plunger that activated it but nothing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

The black plunger turns mine on. Make sure the ignition is on.

rkrenicki likes this.
  3. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

Yep, it requires both the plunger to be activated and the key in at least accessory position.

4. Maximal

Maximal Active Member

weird, still not working even with a new bulb. unless i got a bad bulb lol i'll try again tomorrow

5. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Use a voltmeter to check the socket, if it doesn’t have voltage check at the switch. Then start following back until you find voltage, and then figure out why it stops where it does.

6. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

On some of these lights and other accessories, the ground side is sometimes a bit corroded and can cause a no work situation too.

Fred

7. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Did you find the issue?

8. Maximal

Maximal Active Member

Not yet, even with the ignition on and a new bulb it won't turn on with the switch, when I get some time I'll trace the wiring

9. Botl01

Botl01 Active Member

Maximal, mine had a broken wire and would not work. My wire ran from under the dash by the steering wheel up under the headliner and down to the switch. Wire was broken about half way. The connection to the wire under the dash was very hard to get to.

10. It also requires the parking brake be on

11. SAITCHO

SAITCHO Active Member

Owls is right, you need to have the parking brake on. Took me a while to figure this thing out. I changed the bulb to a LED one and even then the light output is pretty minimal. I f you really want to see something in the bed buy some LED cubes.

Smollpp69 likes this.