1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re 1989 Subaru Sambar mini truck

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Debra, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Debra

Debra New Member

Hi everyone, I am new here and was wondering if someone could help me, is it possible to get a workshop manual any where for our 1989 subaru sambar super delux 3 valve 4xD Motor No KT6 108 307 also has no KT6 F33E Chassie No we brought this at a farm clearing sale and was really rough have been slowly doing it up but the guys are having trouble getting parts and info here in New Zealand, they need the engine timing or valve timing, timming mark on the crank shaft to align with cam shaft ,sorry guys I dont know what he means when he says looking at the motor front on??I was thinking if we could get a work shop manual it would make life so much easier, thanks guys

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

There is somebody who advertises he sells manuals. Think he goes by "Danka" or something like that. I spent quite a bit of time searching all over the internet till I found a manual for my Carry and then it had the wrong engine so I did more searching till I found a manual for my engine(K6A). You may have to do some extensive searching under many different names to come up with what you are after gets kind of frustrating but could give you some results. Good luck.

Fred

3. Debra

Debra New Member

4. Debra

Debra New Member

Hi Fred,thank you for your reply, I have had no luck in finding a manual, can you maybe help me since you own the same truck, we are trying to find out the
    Engine timing and or valve timing ( timing mark ) I was in touch with Twin River Mini Trucks and they got in touch with Japan and they sent me a diagram in Japanese which is no help, some say we need a tool to set the timing some say we dont, if we cant get the timing we are going to have to dump the truck, can you help at all?
    Debbie

5. fmartin_gila

Go to "suzuki4u.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6616" and you can download the zipped manual but it has a different engine than mine. Go to the Jacobsen site and search around for the engine manual. They are manufacturers of golf course maintenance equipment and use this engine in some of their equipment. These are where I finally found the manuals I needed but I'm not so sure we have the same vehicle or engine as mine is called a 12 valve engine and has no distributor as the timing and EFI is computer controlled and has a coil on each spark plug. You folks may have to go back to basics and start from scratch to set carb & ign to get it to run properly if yours is carbed and has a dist. I an an American living in the Philippines and it seems as if info is somehow made hard to get and sometimes take quite intensive searching to find anything. Good luck and hope this helps in some way, query me more if I can be of some assistance as I know how frustrating it can be.

Fred

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  6. Debra

Debra New Member

Hello Fred, thank you for your reply, my friend who is a diesel mechanic will be up in a couple of days and I will show him this and I will do the looking for
    the manuals, thanks again,

Debbie

7. Debra

Debra New Member

Hi again Fred, the bit that confuses me is that site is suzuki are they the same as the subaru?
    Debbie

8. fmartin_gila

It all seems to be based on the Model & Serial numbers with these Kie vehicles. Mine for example was originally sold in Japan as a 2002 Mazda Scrum, it is now registered here in the Philippines as a 2014 Suzuki CarryVan. In the doorframe is an original sticker and it was in fact manufactured by Suzuki and just rebadged as a Mazda. The stamping in the body framework and the original sticker from suzuki have the same matching number so that seems to be all that matters. I did order a thermostat last year from JP-carparts in Japan and all they required was that number and sent exactly the required part.

Fred

9. fmartin_gila

Debra, There is a new posting in the introductions area that you can download a parts and a service manual. These may or may not do you some good, I have downloaded but not looked at them yet. Just posting FYI.

Fred