1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Lift Gate

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by John Churchill, Dec 22, 2023.

1. John Churchill

John Churchill New Member

Anyone have experience with a power lift gate on a kei truck?
    I have a '97 Daihatsu HiJet with one scheduled to arrive in early February.
    I understand that they are quite rare.
    I did a search here and didn't see anything other than one brief thread from 2008.
    RIMG1762.JPG RIMG1760.JPG

maboyce and Limestone like this.
  2. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

I'm very familiar with them and have used them a little over the years and have recommended them to plenty of those that it would benefit and in particular a local large municipality in the water service industry and they purchased 15 per their needs. They love them and are used many times during the coarse of the day and are very great full for the recommendation. Those are on larger full size pick ups as in most cases and if taken care of properly they will last a long time. In your situation with the Smaller unit that we're talking about I wouldn't hesitate to do it myself if needed as long as you beef up the suspension and use a light weight all Aluminum Lift Gate to keep the weight down all together you could benefit a lot from it. As a side thought you might want to consider adding some load only jack stand type fixture to each rear side when loading and unloading as needed. Not for transport but just possibly for loading and unloading stability. Air Bag suspension possibly etc....................Keeping in mind these are light weight trucks for small light weight work and fun. Don't overload or try to exceed the weight and capabilities of what your doing. Good Luck!

Limestone

John Churchill likes this.
  3. John Churchill

John Churchill New Member

Thanks, Limestone
    This one is coming over already equipped.
    It looks (from very limited pics) like a factory option perhaps.

Limestone likes this.