1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Potential mini truck buyer

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Swampa, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Swampa

Swampa New Member

I am thinking of getting a mini truck to use at my deer lease in del rio, tx. Any advice on which make to get would be greatly appreciated. Also, I know that engine placement is different between makes, so any info in that respect would also help.

Thanks,
    Coby

2. JRinTX

JRinTX Moderator

Coby,

Where are you located? I am in Texas, really love the Del Rio area.

The Suzukis, Daihatsus and Mitsubishis have a forward engine. It sits just behind the front wheels, under the seats. Honda and Suburu have rear engines. The front engine trucks seem to be a little more popular, probably because they are easier to lift for larger tires.

3. EastTexasMiniTrucks

EastTexasMiniTrucks New Member

Coby,
    James is right. If your thinking of lifting and installing the bigger tires / wheels you might want to consider the forward mounted engines. Rear mounted engines can be done but are a pain. We have a really nice 94' Mits with a hydralic dump bed and ice cold a/c that was delivered on our shipment yesterday. Miles are super low 16k!! pass the word to anyone who's looking for true work horse of a mini truck.

4. Swampa

Swampa New Member

James,

I'm in dallas right now during the week. Usually in or around the houston/liberty/dayton area on the weekends. I would like to test drive one of these trucks. Also, I am curious as to how they handle a more rocky and steep terrain like at the deer lease.

5. Swampa

Swampa New Member

It seems like all the lifted and tricked out trucks have aftermarket 4 wheeler tires. Can you go with a small mud grip truck type tire on these things. Also, when they come over from Japan, are the engines typically in good shape or do they need much work to run well.

6. JRinTX

JRinTX Moderator

Swampa,

You are welcome to come by and drive one! Unfortunately, I will be out of town this weekend, next week and return the following Saturday (July 21st). Give me a call if you would like to get together when I return.

I hate to give away sales....but, you might contact Colin at East Texas Mini Trucks. He is even a little closer to Houston. Judging by his website, he has a good selection of great looking trucks. I have exchanged a few emails with him and he's a really good guy.

Hope this helps,

7. EastTexasMiniTrucks

Thanks for the props James. Same goes for you and your operation. Your a top notch guy in the business. ;)

Swampa,
    As i mentioned we just received another load this week. Great trucks. We could not be happier with this load. We received an 01' Honda on this load that is a rocket! ...unfortunaly it was pre sold but anyone stopping by in the next week or so needs to take a spin on this truck before it leaves my shop. It will spoil you. I need to update my inventory list on my website. We now have 14 trucks on our lot. Stop by anytime for a test drive.

8. emshaferii

emshaferii New Member

Colin - I love the green bedliner painted model! I'm looking for a sub 10k mile 2005 or newer Honda Attack with hydraulic dump, ATP aluminum wheels, ITP mudlight tires, green bedliner painted exterior and underside, black bedliner painted bed and inside sides, black bedliner sprayed front and rear brush guards, 2" front and rear receiver (painted black bedliner paint also)...delivered to Lampe, Missouri.....is that possible?

9. texagswin97

texagswin97 Guest

it's hard to get anything newer than 2003. you aren't "supposed" to import anything past that date.

10. EastTexasMiniTrucks

Sorry guys,
    I've been busy with a fresh load of trucks and forgot to log on the forum since last week.

Emshaferii,
    Everyone luvs these dark green bedliner paint jobs. Looks very nice with the black bed. We can do everything your asking and then some. Deliverly is not a problem. Unfortunaly we do not have a 2005 or newer and Texagswin97 is right. Not suppose to import newer than an 03'. We had a beauitful 01' honda on this last load. It sold before the shipment even arrived. If you'd like to place a deposit we can get you an 01' to 03' model with less than 25k on our August shipment. Just drop us a call and all details can be discussed.