1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by Lee17, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Lee17

Lee17 Member

This part on my E07A 1990 engine has broken off. Do any of you know what this part is or what it is for or if it is replaceable or repairable? Please help. This is the only part that is preventing me from using this acty :(

Attached Files:

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Not familiar with your vehicle but kind of looks like some kind of vacuum manifold. Go to megazip and you might find what it is by using their parts breakdowns. No thought as to if it is repairable or would have to buy new & replace.

Fred

3. shogun

shogun Active Member

4. Lee17

Lee17 Member

I’ve tried to find the specific part but it seems to be apart of the entire intake manifold as shown in part diagrams. I’m not sure if it is removable from the intake manifold piece.

It is extremely difficult to get to but I am thinking I might have to cut the tubing before it forks out and then fabricate my own tubing and reattach it to what is left of intake. I’ve never soldered anything before so it will be very interesting. That’s why I am trying to figure out if there is any other alternative. If it was just a piece that can be replaced that would be the best! It just unfortunately looks to be apart of the entire intake manifold :(.

Thanks for the input everyone. I am just trying to remain positive when things keep breaking on this van. I went over budget big time when purchasing it, so each problem that occurs is a bit more stress piled on. Thanks for understanding.

5. shogun

shogun Active Member

Try this parts catalog once more, that has good drawings, also the description is Japanese, so you have to clkick thru all the pics https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/pick?c=Honda&model=Japan&ssd=$WiVN$
    Soldering might be a bit weak if it is part of the intake, I would ask a shop to weld it based on the sample.
    Or the idea with the copper pipes for plumbing might also work. Do not know if any fluid goes thru or just air or vacuum, if only air/vacuum, them maybe even a fitting fuel hoses with hose clamps might work. I have used hydraulic hoses which are pretty strong in some cases.
    Understand your budget problem, so you must be inventive with alternative solutions.

6. Lee17

Lee17 Member

Hey everyone, just an update.

I ended up cutting the metal pipe off from the intake manifold completely. I did some rerouting of the piping and hoses with some high pressure high temp EGR Hose and high temp high pressure copper fittings. It was tough but the new hoses and pipes are strong and has no longer leaks!

After the leak was taken care of I started doing some preventative maintenance. I changed the spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, and fuel filter. After all of these replacements, the acty is running so well and even sounds much quieter!

I was planning on changing the roter as well but it was oriented opposite of the roter on the acty. It did not fit smoothly either. So I just decided to not replace the roter because I did not want to force it on when I am not sure if it is even the right part.

The other slight issue I had was the spark plug wires seemed a bit short and did not seem to fully snap onto the plugs.

Other than that I am overall happy with the fix and manintence I’ve performed on the acty!

Thanks for your help everyone!

Lee

7. shogun

shogun Active Member

Congrats for the progress and the repair of the pipings/hoses. If you made some pics, post them here for the others as DIY info.

8. Lee17

Lee17 Member

Sure, I’ll take some pics and try and talk through what we did to repair it soon.

Thanks,
    Lee

9. DWils

DWils Member

Bump for pictures!

10. Lee17

Lee17 Member

Hacked off the metal piece extending out from the engine with a small hand saw. Placed some high temp egr tubing over it and connected that to a high temp metal “T” plumbing tube. Connected more different size Egr tubing to the metal tubing and viola! Back and running.

Attached Files: