1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pimpin out a U14T mity mitz hightop.

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by werase643, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

So I guess I gotta ask. What is exactly pimpin?

2. werase643

werase643 Member

3. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Active Member

Or search on YouTube for “Pimp My Ride”.

Make it Flashy, Basically making it fancy like the Caddies, and Deuce and a Quarters, the pimps customized in the sixties and seventies.

4. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Do you have to get a large brimmed hat with a feather in it? LOL!!!

5. mr.mindless

mr.mindless Member

I don't think you sent me any vac and tach pics, but here are wheel adaptors, tires, and volt meter

Attached Files:

6. werase643

werase643 Member

um... to go with my purple velvet suit with W-I-D-E lapels........ok

7. mr.mindless

mr.mindless Member

no feathered hat and wide lapel pics, but here's a tach

Attached Files:

Limestone likes this.
  8. werase643

werase643 Member

Thanks for keeping this semi interesting with pics...else it's just me rambling like an old guy.....​

9. werase643

werase643 Member

To me... Fixing up a total piece of shit and getting it back to useabe condition.... Adding a lil bling.... Using up parts that have been sitting around for years so I don't have to throw it out now or later

Limestone likes this.
  10. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

I agree!

11. werase643

werase643 Member

The fuel pump has been in a box of zx-7 parts since....1996....when I combined a 1995 roller/theft recovery. With a destroyed 1991 zx-7.... but it had a good engine. I saved the pump... nothing else

12. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

So if were truly "pimpin my ride". I don't see a lot of flashy stuff goin on here!

13. werase643

werase643 Member

everything so far is to just get it running and lot driving...... pimpin.... really 30hp to 58 hp bolt in-ish.... 35 mph to guessing 60-65 mph havent got it quite ready for a top speed run yet... i think thats pretty pimp to me

14. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

So were fixin n drivin our ride! Just ME being a P I T A ! LOL! Keep up the good work, Dude!

15. werase643

werase643 Member

today.... added a sub fuse panel where the dash speaker is. got a relay powering it from the ig switch. installed a retractable civic antenna in the roof.... oops moment when drilling thru a plate in the a pillar......will patch that when i do bodywork. hooked up the speedo drive to trans and the ins cluster..... no turny of the speedo drive from the trans.... FOOK not another trans removal..... it's only 30 min... but dang..... will address that problem later. test hooked up the VAC gauge ..... 20-21 inches at hi idle.... next is get the tacho working.... i think the one i already have is junk... will try it but i gots a feeling it will be replaced.

16. werase643

werase643 Member

today..... modded the cushman choke lever to match up to the motorcycle choke cable in the engine compartment. bent up a SS bracket. drilled a hole thru a 5mm allen head bolt. found a brass 5mm bolt and drilled a 1/16th hole thru the thread . found a pair of ?pesos and drilled a couple holes in them. i now have dash mounted Manuel Choke to the HD carb.