1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paper work

Discussion in 'News and Site Support' started by ercoupe46, Nov 4, 2009.

  1. ercoupe46

    ercoupe46 New Member

    Does anyone know what paper work you should receive when you purchase a mini truck?? When I bought my Honda I received export doc's and a bill of sale from the japanese importer. I'm one step away from having it titled for Highway use in Arizona due to the change in law on July 2009. They say I need a Japanese released title and/or a Notorized bill of sale. The bill of sale I have was not Notorized. I have not been able to contact the seller. It was Carconxion in Torrance ,California. Can any one help ????
  2. fupabox

    fupabox Active Member

    in Canada we can use a sworn affidavit..not sure if this helps..basically you pay a fee and swear you are the legal owner and the price you paid..the transport ministry office witnesses it and stamps it
  3. greg0187

    greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

    In the US its called a bonded title. But you have to put cash upfront for the bond.
  4. fupabox

    fupabox Active Member

    bonded title sounds more expensive than the $20 we pay for the affidavit..sorry not much help then
  5. smoothstroke

    smoothstroke Member

    I've done two trucks here in prescott, az. Had such a hassle with the MVD that I just went third party MVD and did the bonded title. Cost an extra 300. I know some other people here in az have titled with only the export certificate and bill of sale, no such luck with these clowns at the prescott MVD. if all you need is a notarized bill of sale. Sell it to a freind and buy it back with a notarized bill of sale. Good luck
  6. ercoupe46

    ercoupe46 New Member

    Thanks for all the info on paperwork. I live in Show low, Az. I had the level 1 inspection done and the officer told me that he did not like the idea of these trucks being allowed on the highways. When he looked at the truck he said the truck could not go fast enough for highways. So he wrote on the inspection report that it was to be used only off road and that is was not DOT approved for highway use. He said it was a GREY Market vehicle.
  7. Stuff99

    Stuff99 Active Member Staff Member

    wow in sask all you need is a paper with it saying guy sold what car to you for how much.
  8. smoothstroke

    smoothstroke Member

    Funny thing is ADOT has a 100 milliion dollar budget shortfall this year. They are talking about laying off folks at DMV and not opening offices on saturday. Closing 13 rest stops around the state. You would think they would want another revenue souce such as it is. Thier Boss told them in a memo (posted on this site) in detail how to license them and still they fight it. I hate to see anyone lose thier job, but it would be a nice dose of reality for some of these beuracrats who think its thier job to harass you instead of help you. Go third party and put these clowns out of business.
  9. smoothstroke

    smoothstroke Member

    Well it looks like were gonna adopt your socialized medicine. So you better watch out you guys don't get our Motor Vehicle Department system.
  10. ercoupe46

    ercoupe46 New Member

    I removed the steel plate that was installed to limit the speed the day I brought it home. Ive tested it on the highway up here in the White Mountains of Arizona and I can cruise at 60 to 65 mph with no problem. I would be wasting my time to offer the Officer a ride in it for he could never fit in the passenger seat (a LITTLE over weight) let alone drive it.
    I'm not sure what a MVD third party is. Could you please fill me in so I can get this going. The lady at the DMV felt sorry for me and issued me a 30 day temp permit.
  11. smoothstroke

    smoothstroke Member

    Hey Ercoupe, Do you fly also? here is a link to the one i used in prescott valley.


    Don't know if you have anything in show low. If you go to one take the copy of the memo off one of the posts on here with you. If they have any questions the lady I dealt with at the footeworks location in prescott is melody. Very nice lady.

    Good Luck, Terry
  12. ercoupe46

    ercoupe46 New Member

    Terry, Thank you for the info. I will let you know what happens. Yes, but haven't flown in about 15 years. I sold my last aircraft about 20 years ago. I'm now a retired aircraft tech with over 45 years of aviation time. I'm retired from Continetal Airlines and USAways/America West Airlines.

    Thank you so much
  13. smoothstroke

    smoothstroke Member

    Hey Bob,

    Yeah I had about 125 hours in 150's and 172's that was 22 years ago. My son just turned 22. Do the math :) Am thinking about going back and getting current now. It's hard to drive by the airport without parking for awhile.

    Best of luck with your truck.

  14. ercoupe46

    ercoupe46 New Member



    Thanks for all the support. I finally got my notoized bill of sale from Japan. MELODY in Prescott is having me fax all info to her so they can see what they can do.
    I wish I could go back and fly. My health wont let me. But I still can work on them. I've owened a few and sure miss it.

    Thanks so much,
  15. smoothstroke

    smoothstroke Member

    Hey bob,

    THats good to hear. Melody is good. Hope it all works out for you. Got the wifes truck running good, now she drives it all over the place here in Mayer. If the economy picks back up I think I will get back in to flying. Some day:)

    Take care, Terry

Share This Page