1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One of Us! One of Us! One of- um, You!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DAN CANAAN, Apr 26, 2021.

1. DAN CANAAN

DAN CANAAN New Member

Been watching and researching for a couple of years, and the most recent visit to Realityautos in north Seattle proved to be my downfall.

I succumbed to the temptation.

I have tried to fight it, I really have. This one is too rusty, that interior is trashed. These are too expensive. This engine is clattering and needs service. Body damage on that one. 2WD, too old, just too many things wrong...

And then I ran out of problems to find on my latest visit. The truck was right, I had the funds available, and the stars aligned, darn it.

94 Honda Acty HA4

High mileage- 140k. That was the only thing I could find concerning. Engine is quiet, strong pulling, clean. Importer got it it in, had no time to clean or do anything yet, literally off the boat with others. The ash tray still was full of a Japanese brand cigarette butts. Interior, while dirty and smelling of cigarettes, was intact. Seats had no tears, headliner good, only damage is one dash vent (looking for one now).

Exterior is clean with no damage. Had black scuff marks in the corners that looked bad but came right off with rubbing compound. Couple of dime sized surface rust spots on doors along the bottom that had been touched up a long time ago but I do body work so these will go away shortly.

Paint chips expected. Paint chips found. Will be fixed once I figure the paint code out.

Bed isn't torn up. Dirty, but the paint is actually good. Latches are good, no rust. I have been looking at a lot of trucks and this rig just doesn't have the problems I expected to find. Even the bottom tube ends of the headache rack are free of rust. Forums like this helped me to know where the problem areas are.

5 spd shifts well, little slop to the shifter, though bushing kits are available.

Battery cover good fluids clean, engine and chassis dirty from use, but not gobbled up. Someone had been doing very regular and complete maintenance.

And it already had the 2" lift, plus 13" alloy rims and tires, which was a savings right there.

$6500 out the door complete with document fees, taxes, WA state license plate, etc. From my searching and pricing based on condition, this is a $10-12k rig.

I've cleaned up the interior, restored the headlights back to clean and clear, and doing service work. Gets up to 72 mph on the freeway and holds it, but 60-65 is the happy spot for the rig. Rain has kept me from pressure washing it, but that is coming.

Tasks include bed liner for the bed and the lower portion of the doors as they commonly get scuffed or damaged. A 49" wide, 15" tall and deep aluminum locking cargo box for the bed ($150) will address lack of storage in the cab. A lumber rack for the top, cup holders, radio with backup camera, etc en route.

I will see about welding up front and rear bumpers, but the front might be a modified Jeep setup as they are inexpensive and I enjoy fabrication of things like mounts. I will decommission an S10 pickup of mine for light bars, push bar, 2 meter radio, strobes and such I use for event site management.

This rig should make a good partner for the 3 wheel Cushman Trucksters I have.

Adventure!

20210424_153950_resize_38.jpg 20210424_163750_resize_49.jpg 20210424_163758_resize_47.jpg 20210424_163929_resize_81.jpg

Huw28 and punimog like this.
  2. punimog

punimog Member

Nice find! I test drove an Acty Attack from Reality last summer. It was a blast, but I'm stuck on the round headlight Carry. Looking forward to seeing your mods