1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oklahoma Tag Agency news for Nov1

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by jtpc, Oct 1, 2008.

  1. dukehorse1

    dukehorse1 New Member

    If anyone is looking for insurance try farm bureau. It was the cheapest for me and they will gladly insure a mini truck.
  2. walkguru

    walkguru New Member

    thanks for all the information, much appreacated.
  3. Rickster

    Rickster Member

    I am an agent for Progressive here in OK (along with almost every other agent) and have been writing the mini trucks for about a month. Right now I don't think it is very competetive ($359 / six months for 100/300/100 and $5,500 comp/coll). They will not write "liability only" at this time because we have to insure it for stated amount. Maybe once their system can recognize the VIN that will change. I don't think $359 is a very good deal, but then on the other hand, it is better than nothing. Most of my personal auto companies are not planning on writing these trucks.
  4. rayallen

    rayallen Member

    I just got my bill for my ins. It is for 100,000-300,00-100,00. It cost me 56.00 for 6 months instead of 54.00. You all may wish to check with okla farmers union ins co. This is liability ins only. ray allen
  5. jtpc

    jtpc Member

    I called your insurance up Ray and they said they will not insure a mini-truck unless they get to insure all of my vehicles. So they won't mess with ya unless they get your complete business.
    I'll go with either state farm or farm bureau locally.
  6. Gregkabob

    Gregkabob Member

    In preparation for Nov 1 I called USAA for insurance. Liability for six months is $112. I'm going to place a call to Farm Bureau and see what they will do.

    Stopped by the tag agancy and got their interpretation of what I need. She didn't know a lot so she called the head office. At first she said I'd need to bring the vehicle by to have the vin (serial #) checked but when she read it again it said you had to do that "if brought in from another state)

    So Monday I'll be in line first thing for my tag. I'd do it on Sat but have a bio-diesel class I'm going to.

    What she said I needed.

    Bill of sale
    proof of insurance on the truck
    milage affidavid

    Looking forward to getting a tag on it.

  7. jtpc

    jtpc Member

    Just make sure bill of sale is notarized as well.
  8. dmerc

    dmerc Member

    I got liability and comp from Foremost Ins. $79 per year.
    My own Ins. Co. wouldn't cover it off premises.
  9. canadian1

    canadian1 Member


    vans are considered passenger vehicles and not off-road vehicles
  10. jtpc

    jtpc Member

    Just got my insurance today that will be effective Nov 1st. Got it through State Farm and it all went really well. They seem to know their stuff on mini-trucks. Cost me $205.00 every 6 months for liability.
    Checked with tag agency and all is in order and I will have a tag on Monday the 3rd!
  11. b_eastep

    b_eastep Member

    my ins agent wont let me open a policy on mine till the 3rd. but i cant get a tag till then anyway so oh well.
  12. jtpc

    jtpc Member

    Yeah, most won't. But my State Farm agent was able to go ahead and issue it making it effective Nov 1st. This way on the 3rd I only have to mess with going to the tag agency instead of setting up insurance as well.
    So from what I understand, any state farm agent should be able to go ahead with mini-truck insurance.
  13. b_eastep

    b_eastep Member

    mine is also state farm but they wouldnt ins it till monday. i was hoping they would date it for sat or monday but they wouldnt.
  14. jtpc

    jtpc Member

    Well, I got my tag today! :) First drive on the real road. I found a tag agency nearby that was open on Saturday till noon.
    Very excited. Drives great and smooth. I will take it in on Monday to have oil changed and spark plugs. Maybe fuel filter too. It has trouble going above 85 km/hr so I'm thinking it needs a little work.
    Glad Nov 1st finally arrived!

    (note that I had to drill new holes in the tag because they don't line up with the japanese factory ones)

    Attached Files:

  15. Samurai9

    Samurai9 Member

    Congratulations. Your truck looks shiny and sharp.

  16. b_eastep

    b_eastep Member

    congrats. now i hate you. i have to wait till monday. where did you find a tag agent open on Sat?
  17. jtpc

    jtpc Member

    :) I'm sorry. But hey, Monday will be here soon.
    The dealer owner called me and told me the two closest agencies that would be open.
    I had intended on waiting till monday as well, but couldn't pass up the opportunity.
    I went to Chelsea, which is only 20-25 min drive away.
    I believe Inola was open too.

    And get this--I got there fairly early and someone else had already gotten theirs registered/tagged! So that someone beat me to it! :)
    I wonder how many mini-trucks will be registered within the next week or so.
  18. Gregkabob

    Gregkabob Member

    Did you have to bring your truck to the tag agency for inspection?

    The one I'm using said I didn't have to but a friend said he had to drive his down to the agancy on Sat to get his plates.
  19. jtpc

    jtpc Member

    No, I've talked to three tag agencies and none of them needed to see the truck.
    Out here, that would mean I'd be driving it quite a ways illegally without a tag just to get to the tag agency. So no, so long as you have all your papers, you should be handed a tag and registration. (but you might bring photos of your truck just in case they are curious what one looks like)
  20. b_eastep

    b_eastep Member

    do you mind me asking what you had to pay for your tag? that way ill know what to expect tomorrow.

Share This Page