1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noisy ride

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by justin808, Nov 18, 2023.

1. justin808

justin808 New Member

My 94 suzuki every join van has a loud ride, suspension wise. Is this normal? Its like a popping tie ball joint noise with the littlest imperfection in the road. What road was once a smooth road in my daily driver car has me second guessing the road completely

2. maboyce

maboyce Active Member

I think it's going to be a harsher ride than a 'modern' car no matter what, but if it seems extra noisy the first thing I would do is go under the van and start wiggling suspension parts to see if anything is loose. Look for torn rubber boots, too, because when you have those it's going to get noisy soon as debris and water start to degrade the joint.

3. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

Nice, another van guy! Welcome to the forum. Update your signature with year/make/model to we can more easily help out.

My van came with harsh lowering springs on it and 13 inch wheels. I suspect a teenagers attempt at hotrodding Dads van. Anyway, the bumpstops were never trimmed so the ride was harsh. I source truck front springs and the purchased some springs that would fit the rears. With some trimming I had the right spring rate and a much smoother ride. One thing to note, these are trucks so the suspension is kind of noisy. One thing you want to check out is the front steering main bushing, it typically causes a lot of play in the steering and conributes to "death wobble" at some speeds. I had to replace mine to fix that. I also replaced the tierod ends. I did not sure shocks or bushing yet. See my thread of details on my van progress:

https://minitrucktalk.com/threads/suzuki-every-van-progress.21475/

4. DOUGNASH

DOUGNASH Member

Also once you figure out the suspension issues, get some sound deadening material for under the carpets and inside the door panels.