1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Start, Start, No Start, Start

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by ChampagneActy, May 6, 2024.

1. ChampagneActy

ChampagneActy New Member

Hi all, I'm encountering a starting issue on my 1990 HH4 Acty Street G van. The van was running great, and then after parking overnight wouldn't start -- no coughing, no sputtering, just nothing upon cranking. Tried again the next day -- nothing. Two days later -- it started right up easily on first attempt. It ran flawlessly for two weeks, and then, after parking overnight -- same no-start issue. Left it alone over the weekend, and it's now running great again. What issue would cause this kind of intermittent problem? I didn't check spark when it was dead, but I don't particularly want to wait until it dies again to address it. I'm wondering if I should start with the igniter module, but again, I don't get why it goes from nothing to perfect and back again, and not sure if a bad igniter would explain it. Thoughts?? Thanks in advance.

2. Unklerrrr

Unklerrrr New Member

sounds like a crap distributer honestly

3. trktrd

trktrd Active Member

Agreed

4. ChampagneActy

ChampagneActy New Member

Thanks, guys. Van is still running great a couple weeks later, but I may take your advice and address the distributor before it decides to die on me again.