1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No low end torque, motor issue

Discussion in 'Tiger Trucks' started by 1832kyle, Jul 16, 2012.

1. 1832kyle

1832kyle New Member

Not sure if anyone has had this problem or not. My truck has slow throttle response. It usually backfirst through the airbox and then slowly ramps to WOT. when I shift in to first and let out the clutch if I dont have it high rpm it falls on its face and spits and sputters. In neutral at WOT the engine sounds great. Not sure why the issue when adding a load. A couple of questions - what spark plugs do you recomend? I just bought the machine and there are new autolite plugs in it. I put brand new 92octane fuel in the tank. the distributor cap and rotar look great condition. Plug wires look good. If the plug wires look good is there a chance when you add a load to the motor that the wires cant carry the amperage?
    Let me know what you think. Thanks

2. 1832kyle

1832kyle New Member

I checked a few more things out today on the tiger truck. I was getting ready to do a compression check on all 4 cylinders and made sure all the spark plug wires were numbered so I would no get them mixed up. Come to find out that the guy that owned it before me mixed up the #2 and #3 spark plug wires. I switched them and fired up the truck and it runs like brand new. Problem solved. Just remember cylinder numbers are 1-2-3-4 starting at the front of the truck. Now moving on to replaceing brake lines. I think all are rusted out.