1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nice Bumpers!

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Ichabod, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Ichabod

Ichabod Member

This is the nicest bumper I have found on a mini truck, thought I would share. Be nice to have a database of bumpers we could look at for inspiration.

Attached Files:

2. Colin

Colin Member

Very cool. That fire-and-brimstone paintjob is questionable, though.

3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Pumpkin Patch Camo? :p :) That is a nice bumper though!

LoneStar Sky Sales appears to have some nice, simple tubular bumpers for the Suzukis and Diahatsus... http://www.lonestarskysales.com/products/bumpers.html

4. minimits96

minimits96 New Member

I want one, any idea who made it?

5. Ichabod

Ichabod Member

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  6. EastTexasMiniTrucks

EastTexasMiniTrucks New Member

If anyone is located around the Southeast Texas area or anywhere for that matter and looking for some outstanding bumpers for these little trucks please contact me. Our fab guy builds these thing strong and with receiver hitch on the front and back. less than $500 bucks for the set. we can then hook you up with a 5,000 lb remote operated winch with quick connects so the winch can me move the winch from front to back in seconds!

[​IMG]

7. EastTexasMiniTrucks

Here's a better pic of back bumper before paint...

[​IMG]

and another with the 2" ball.

[​IMG]

8. Colin

Colin Member

Nice looking rig, man. I dig it.

9. Are those bumpers bolted on or welded on?

10. jliltd

jliltd Member

I've found some of the best rear bumpers out there are from Ulmer Farm Service in South Dakota. The brackets are all laser-cut CNC formed and they bolt right onto the frames with good structural engineering. The Mitsubishi bumpers require one small weld and then are completely bolt/on off. The Suzuki's are 100% bolt-on. They are very well designed. I like them better than other bumpers I've procured elsewhere (no names mentioned) because they are more refined, come painted and are cheaper at around $160.00. The pictures don't do them justice.

[​IMG]

John Ulmer has done a heck of a lot of developmental and CAD design work making his accessories truly interchangeable and with consistent quality. I traveled 6,000 miles across the US visiting mini truck importers, suppliers and parts people back in January and was most impressed with John's operation and dedication to quality. I have a barn full of other supplier's accessories that is junk in comparison.

11. emshaferii

emshaferii New Member

Colin...really love that rig and setup.....

12. EastTexasMiniTrucks

Diamond,
    Our bumpers are all bolted on but can be welded on if the customer desires.

13. dishmans2

dishmans2 New Member

Ranch hand Style front and rear bumpers

Just need to finish welding and paint them. Will update pics once everything is installed. Tell the rain gods to give us a break. Also look at the our new website just had it redone. More Jumbo Cabs and 4 doors expected in about 2 weeks. All have A/C with 4x4.

http://www.southtexasminitrucks.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks
    Bryce
    http://www.southtexasminitrucks.com
    Devine, Tx
    210-827-4430

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  14. EastTexasMiniTrucks

Diamond,
    Our bumpers are bolt on but can be welded if the customer wants.

15. blackdogdm

blackdogdm New Member

16. harryo

harryo New Member

I just received one of these for my 92 Mitsi and wholeheartedly agree. This is one well designed, well built bumper that is easy to install.

17. nick

nick Member

I agree as well, I bought a bumper from John to go along with trucks from him, very well built, easy to install. John really puts the work in up front to be sure he has a good fit, quality is great.
    Nick

18. TetsuKuma

TetsuKuma Member

The only negative I would give this bumper (Ulmer's) is that if you happen to live in a state that allows licensing this bumper covers up over half of the license plate holder frame in the rear. Other than that great bumper!