1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie, what year, motor size ETC.

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by matt419, Nov 6, 2007.

1. matt419

matt419 New Member

I am buying a Hijet (Year ?) (motor ?). This truck starts with starting fluid but will not run. I have some work to do on the fuel system. It is the extended cab that was USED by Burlington Northern RR. I have not even noticed if it is 4X4 or 2X4. The plate says TYPE: S80LP-JTRK , TRUCK:4380. If you can help with any info I would be thankful. I just hope I spent a good $500. Thanks and God bless.

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Howdy! Is the truck Left Hand Drive? Speedo in mph? If so, it sounds like one of the older trucks imported legally (but under the same restrictions as the current trucks)...probably 2x4...probably 550cc.

Here's one possible source of help. http://www.daihatsu-help.com/index.htm

3. abcminitrucks

abcminitrucks Member

Acerguy,

Have you posted that link in the reference section? Sure makes it nice to go to one category when you are trying to find that kind of information.

4. Acerguy

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  5. abcminitrucks

abcminitrucks Member

Cool, I don't know why I missed it.

6. matt419

matt419 New Member

Thanks Acerguy. The truck is left hand drive,the speedo is MPH and yes it is 2x4. I've been working on it today. The carb is gushing gas when trying to start. i guess the carb needs rebuilt. Any ideas on where to find a kit? Thanks.

7. Acerguy

I know chadhite on the forum here has mentioned getting carbs rebuilt. You may wish to contact him. Look him up in the "members list". Good luck!

8. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

The LHD trucks are supported by Daihatsu Help here. All you need to do is call the rep in your state that's listed in the webpage, and give them the VIN on your truck. They can then order the carb kit.

9. matt419

matt419 New Member

Thanks Wolfman and all of you.

10. matt419

matt419 New Member

Year model

I just got off te phone with Jones Equipment in Fort Worth. I got the number off Daihatsu-Help.com. They told me my truck was built in August of 1989. They are also looking up some parts for me. This site could really be helpful. C'ya.

11. matt419

matt419 New Member

They can not get carb kits but they can get ind. parts.

12. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

That'll make ordering the parts to rebuild one fun. :(