1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie here - After Factory Air Conditioning?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Beviecaye, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Beviecaye

Beviecaye New Member

Has anyone added Air Conditioning to their mini's -
    If you don't mind sharing...
    What was the cost?
    How effective is it?

And any other help you might have.

Thanks so much. Love the site and some great info here.

beviecaye

2. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

seems like a lot of work to retrofit one of these with a/c... i know there was a thread going a while back about that. i think the outcome was to sell the non-a/c and buy one with a/c from the factory.

3. Video Rustler

Video Rustler New Member

I read that thread too seems I remember that the trucks with ac didn't get as good mpg and lacked power.That being said here's what I'm going to try.... a Cool-or-Heat Seat Cushion for a $159.99 each.You can find them at http://www.zapworld.com/node/902 and there maybe other places as well.I will post how they work as soon as I can afford one.

4. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

the trucks with a/c don't have any less power than the trucks without a/c. it's only when it's on that you feel the motor bog a bit, and on my truck the high idle circuit kicks on. i went on a 160mile trip yesterday in 110*F temps with the a/c running the whole time and was cruising at 70-75 mph. the hills, semi trucks and head wind were slowed me down more than the a/c. i tried shutting it off but it didn't really free up enough power to make a difference.