1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Truck - New Member

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by IndianaJason, Nov 11, 2007.

1. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

I just recently joined this forum...and more recently purchased a Mini Truck this weekend. Been real busy "getting it ready"..

Its a 1993 Suzuki Carry 4x4 with dump bed. 60,000 km, 4 speed, Axle lock.
    Very good to excellent condition inside and out. Picked it up for $5,100. I immediatly went to work on it. Sanded it down, painted it with Krylon flat camo paint., Painted the frame and under side with flat black rust preventive paint, sparayed in a "Plast-kote" flat black bed-liner... Added Nanco 23x6x12 Ag-Lug Tractor tires (600 pound rating per tire..... couldnt go with the atv type tires, they are over-loaded with the truck empty, and I'll be hauling firewood, and hopefully a monster buck out of the woods..) , the tires dont ride bad at all, even took it down the county road at 40+ mph, just a loud hum, no vibrations, and the tires work very, very well back in the woods... Also fabricated a very nice rear bumper and receiver for reese hitch - bolts right onto the pillars where the leaf-springs mount on the rear of the truck...anyone interested I could make you one, or provide you with a drawing so you can make your own..took about an hour and a half... I also purchased and added a 3-inch lift kit, then promptly removed it.. The CV Joints were at too much of an angle.. the kit I purchased is identical to all of the ones on eBay, and most of what I have seen advertised on here..I didnt need the lift anyway with the tires I put on..but the CV joint on the passenger side looked like it was max'd out...So I took it off and wont be recommending putting a lift on to anyone, problems waiting to happen..

The truck runs like a sewing machine, and sounds about as quiet. We took it out today after a big rain, went and checked deer stands. The truck is like a tank in low range, I'm so glad I didnt go with one without low range. I got around the woods, up and down hills and through the creeks with no problem.
    I am adding a skid plate this week, and one of those spinning knobs on the steering wheel.

I posted before and after pictures of the truck in the member galleries and in my photo album.

Anyways, thats my introduction ..... Hello new friends....:)

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Wow! You've been busy!! Congrats. Now I'll go check out the pics. :)

3. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

So.. what did you think? I'm as happy as a pig in $#!+ I'll tell you...

4. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Nice looking truck. The tractor tires look cool. I'll have to keep them in mind if I ever do get to move back to CO, and need to set myself up with a snowplow truck.

5. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Looks cool! Way to go.

6. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

Thanks guys....