1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(New to me)2001 Suzuki Carry 4x4 Owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Timberthorn007, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Timberthorn007

Timberthorn007 New Member

Hey guys and gals,

I recently purchased this 2001 Suzuki Carry 4x4. This truck has AC, Heat, 5 speed with low range, Phantom locking differential front and rear, 300 lb springs plus 3” spacers, rear is springs over with blocks, drive train drop to match lift, Raptor Liner bed liner in bed,frame and on lower door / rocker area with Army Green epoxy paint top coat. Has a few dings, but no scratches and ZERO rust ! Back Rack and front tow hitch. Basset wheels with 27 x 8.50 Maxis Mud Buckshot Mud truck tires.

Overall, it's a nice rig but needs a few things.... The first minor detail I could use some guidance on is....

1.) Dome light. I have tried replacing the C912 bulb it came with ( which looks fine btw ) and still nothing. The socket looks pretty rusty and may need to be replaced. Does anyone have a part # for this?

2.) AC. It blows cool air, but not cold. AC light works, blower works. Could it just need a re-charge?

3.) NYS rules and regulations. As some of you know, you are unable to register a UTV 1000 lbs or more in NYS. Is it OK to trail ride with this unregistered carry with other unregistered UTV? Willl I face the same consequences or perhaps something more severe because it's a road worthy machine?

4.)Radio. Any radio upgrade pictures/ideas for this model would be much appreciated!

5.) Service manual. I would really like to find a service manual for this vehicle! Any information would be much appreciated! I really appreciate everything folks and I look forward to exchanging ideas and talking with some of you soon! Keep on truckin'.

Attached Files:

2. SAITCHO

SAITCHO Active Member

Hi and welcome to the forum. Nice truck!!! The easiest radio to install are the ones with integrated speakers like this one: https://www.amazon.ca/PolarLander-U...+built+in+speakers&qid=1591924362&sr=8-6&th=1
    You wont win any bass tournament but you dont have speakers to install.
    As for service manual unless you can read japanese I have not found any for your DA62T or my DA63T.

How do you like the Phantom locking diff? I looked into these but found a truck with a stock diff lock. I always wondered how good they would be....

Enjoy you truck!!!

3. Timberthorn007

Hey, thanks SAITCHO. I can't read Japanese ha,ha should be able to get a file/document translator though if that's the only available option... I will do some digging.

I bought the truck with a bad CV joint, I am awaiting a new front axle shaft ( should be here Monday!! ) So, I haven't really drove it much YET to test the Phantom locking diff> reviews look good, I will put it through it's paces once the CV/Axle is installed.

Appreciate the radio tip as well, one nice thing about these trucks is that they are nice n' quiet, this little deck might be the ticket.

Thanks again, keep on truckin'!

4. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Timber,
    Welcome! Good Luck!
    Limestone

5. Jmini

Jmini New Member

Timberthorn007. My 2001 DA62T has a worn CV joint. No noise or anything, just seems loose. Found while replacing the boots. Where did you get your axle, price and how long for delivery? I have both axles out now, but just the outer right joint seems worn, was going to try to just replace the joint. jmini2020

6. Timberthorn007

Hey Jmini,

It was purchased at G&R Imports. I think it was around $600 bucks. The turn around time was quick ( 1 week) Good idea to get it done now though. Thanks man.

Keep on truckin’