1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Starter

Discussion in 'Microvans' started by Nicholas Orloff, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Nicholas Orloff

Nicholas Orloff New Member

I need help. I have a 1993 Suzuki every 660 and I need a replacement starter. Which one do I get and where do I get it?

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I’d try finding someone local who can rebuild the one you have. Google, automotive starter rebuilding, and your zip code. I just did “automotive starter rebuilder anchorage” and got three.

3. Nicholas Orloff

The problem is I live in a very remote place so there isn’t any ACTUAL mechanics. There’s people here and there that I asked and they said they couldn’t because the vehicle was old and foreign.

Edit: I put Anchorage because I’m in Alaska but the place I’m in doesn’t show up

4. Maximal

Maximal Active Member

5. Nicholas Orloff

6. Jigs-n-fixtures

Post a picture.

7. Nicholas Orloff

It says file too large.

8. Jigs-n-fixtures

What platform are you using. iOS devices require an app to reduce the photo to a size which is below the maximum for the forum software. Not sure on an android how you reduce the image size. windows, just reduce the size and doa save as.

9. Nicholas Orloff

10. Jigs-n-fixtures

What your showing is a standard Denso Starter. Any shop that rebuilds starters can rebuild it. The various Denso staters are fitted to everything from small D$ Cat dozers, to fork lifts.

The parts are fairly inexpensive and readily available. You can probably get them on eBay. If you are a reasonably skilled mechanic, you can probably do the rebuild yourself.

There are three shops that show up with a Google search for starter rebuilder in Anchorage. And, if you get it out of the truck and walk up to a parts counter at most auto parts stores with it in your hand, they will probably have one.

11. Nicholas Orloff

That really solves my problem. First I’ll try to rebuild it but if that doesn’t work I’ll just get them to. Thank You