1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Sambar owner in Wausau WI

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by joe, Nov 16, 2010.

1. joe

joe New Member

Just picked this up yesterday. Needs some work but it should be fairly easy to finish considering the scale of everything.
    [​IMG]

I've seen someone in town with a mini truck registered for the street, i was hoping to do the same but do have alternate plans if that doesn't work out. If there's anyone in WI that has some experience or tricks in titling these please PM me :D

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

welcome to the funny farm:)

3. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

i think in WI you can get them locally registered by the county or something.

btw welcome aboard!!

4. joe

joe New Member

Borrowed my dad's 5x10 trailer and Rav4, it actually pulled it surprisingly smoothly for being a girly suv, but I guess I can't complain since i had nothing that could tow it.

Yea in Lincoln county where our cabin is i believe we can drive it on all county roads as an ATV, that's my backup plan. I'm more interested in using it as a daily commuter to work, since I live and work in Wausau it's just a short drive through town and i don't care to drive my RS6 in the winter if I can help it.

5. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Yay, another cheesehead! If someone has one tagged for local use I'd like to know how. So far as everything I know it is NOT legal to tag one. You can, of course, throw an orange triangle on it and drive anywhere reasonable as long as you don't go over 25mph. The folks at Badgerland were working on trying to get the legislature to allow for some use but that hasn't gone anywhere so far as I know.

6. erixun

erixun Member

Welcome to the forum, and with you pointing towards your hat, I though you just picked THAT up..:D:D Make sure and post your pics of your upgrades!

7. THOMAS LARA

THOMAS LARA New Member

IM IN THE SAME BOAT ..I'M HAVING TROUBLE GETTING LICENSE FOR MINE IN CHEDDARVILLE WI. ..AND THEY TOLD ME IT WAS STREET LEGAL ..ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED ..THANK YOU

8. monddriver92

monddriver92 New Member

Welcome to the forum.

9. THOMAS LARA

THOMAS LARA New Member

THANK YOU