1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member from PA

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AttackCRX, Dec 4, 2020.

1. AttackCRX

AttackCRX Member

Hello all,

long time lurker and first time posting since I finally acquired a '92 Acty Attack, which was the exact year and model I've been looking for. Can't wait to dive into this thing and learn from/help you all. I've been wanting one of these trucks and it finally came true. I am located around Lebanon, PA and have been a Honda fan for many years. Currently have a lifted '98 CRV, an ongoing project and track ready (HPDE) '91 CRX, '15 Grom (I/H/E/C and DHM reflash) and my wife's '02 Tahoe. So I have plenty to keep me busy.

We recently moved into the woods and I am definitely going to put this truck through it's paces. Already installed a 2" lift and may or may not swap that out for 250-300lb springs, not sure yet. Thanks for reading and I hope to see you out there! 128842148_10164950917565529_3359992558907627466_o.jpg 128576509_10164944036800529_5147361723171646952_o.jpg 127236635_10164944036685529_8485861898029557590_o.jpg

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  2. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Attack,
    Welcome! Great First post! Thanks for the Sig/Profile! It really helps! Good Luck!
    Limestone

3. Casey M Pinch

Casey M Pinch Member

Well done and nice truck. I like the wheel paint. FYI, michminitrucks has really good looking progressive springs for a fair price.

4. AttackCRX

AttackCRX Member

Thanks! I did see that, however, they've not gotten back to me on two separate occasions regarding those springs. I'd love to go with a progressive spring setup, but I need to know the spring rate and also if they would sell them separately from the kit.

5. Casey M Pinch

Casey M Pinch Member

I recommend calling. I think they do sell just the springs. I have chatted with them before on the phone and they were friendly/helpful. Good luck

6. AttackCRX

AttackCRX Member

Ok, good to know! Thanks!

7. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

You can buy springs for coil overs from Jegs, and Summit racing. Both have decent webpages. I got the progressive springs for the stock struts on my Hijet from Summit.

8. AttackCRX

AttackCRX Member

Thanks for the info, I've beat to death many of the threads on this forum regarding various lifts/spring combos. The coil spring setup might be the way to go since it's cheaper and I can get a better spring rate. Leaning towards a 250/275lb spring. Anything progressive would be high up on my list, I'll check into Summit more.

Also, has anyone ever used trailer wheels (from Home Depot, Tractor Supply) on a Acty? Just a cheap steel wheel with some A/T's.

9. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Jigs,
    Seems to me, that you and I have already, been down this road! The info that you provided me about a year ago was spot on!
    Limestone