1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New clutch help!!!!

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by MotorMike76, Mar 22, 2020.

1. MotorMike76

MotorMike76 New Member

So I got a new clutch kit for my 92 s83p. New clutch is installed. New clutch covet in place. Throw out bearing is not the same so I’m reusing the old one. Problem is, my clutch won’t disengage and fork/clutch arm has a lot of movement. Any ideas?

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

If you have adjusted the cable, I’m not sure what else to suggest.

As the old clutch wore, the fingers on the cover would have come further out as the disc got thinner. So, you have to adjust the clutch cable to compensate for the wear.

Second option may be the throw out bearing you decided not to use, teh new assembly may be thinner, and the bearing that came with it matched to it.

3. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

We used to have a similar problem in the heavy equipment shop, with some old graders, that we kept running from the 60's. I agree with Jigs, I'm wondering about that throw out bearing. Any way on these old graders, the old timer taught us to shim the adjustment, on the cable, and he would also weld on to the fingers to compensate for the free play. The problem was that we were having trouble getting parts for these 40 plus graders, and old never, I mean never would holler uncle! They just put two of the old graders up for auction recently! Just some thoughts.