1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Carry on Saturday

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by up-n-over, Aug 6, 2019.

1. up-n-over

up-n-over New Member

I am driving to Atlanta on Saturday to pick up my new (to me) 1994 Suzuki Carry. Anyone ever dealt with Stonegate Auto Sales before? I have been waiting on the truck for a few weeks now and it looks good on-line.

Anyone have any suggestions of specific things that I should be checking out before pulling the trigger?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

2. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

I am no expert, but I took the liberty of looking at their online inventory and the 94 on there looks really good. The one thing I would question is that they claim it has diff lock, but the pic only shows axle lock. I'd get clarification on that. It has an extra digit on the odometer so mileage should be accurate. But AC, 4wd makes a good truck in the Southeast!!!

3. up-n-over

up-n-over New Member

4. Ohkei Dohkei

Yes, that's the truck I was referring to. In the description they say it has differential lock but when you look at the photo, all it shows is an axle lock button. Look at this 93 carry that does have diff lock and you will see both the axle lock button and the diff lock button. https://www.stonegateautosales.com/...arry-all-used-pickup-small-cleveland-ga.shtml I'm not saying you have to have it, just saying you should be aware that the photo does not seem to support the advertisement. Good luck!

5. up-n-over

up-n-over New Member

It has AC and axle lock. Where does it say diff lock in the ad?

6. Ohkei Dohkei

On the first sentence below the pic on the link you posted.. "Arriving mid August 2019. This 1994 Suzuki Carry All comes with Heat / AC. The drive train is 4x4 (with locking differentials). These little trucks will climb a mountain! Manual transportation (4 Speed)."

7. matt167

matt167 Active Member

It's a painted over 4spd truck. It was likely pretty trashed at one point. That price is wayy high.. For all that I never recommend the guy anymore due to his trucks quality not being the best and self import ends up much cheaper , Amir at Nipponway in NJ has more reasonable prices for similar condition vehicles. Expect to pay $3,500-4,800. If you import yourself, you can get a nice truck for about $3,200k any day of the week if your willing to wait for a boat to arrive..

Ditto on the diff lock. It's not rare or hard to find on a Suzuki but that one does not have it.

I daily drove a '92 Carry 5spd for almost 2 years which I did buy from Amir for $4,800 though it had no A/C. It was a pretty fun ride and handy.

8. up-n-over

up-n-over New Member

I have decided to wait on an air conditioned mini dump with axle and diff lock, and a high/low range transfer case.