1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 13" wheels

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Tim205, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Tim205

Tim205 New Member

Hi all, new minicab owner here. I’ve tried the search function but not come up with a solid answer.
    id like to fit some new wheels to my
    Truck as the old tyres are bald. I don’t want to lift the truck but would like to go for a 13 inch wheel. Has anyone fitted 13’s without any mods to anything and if so what wheel width and offset did you use. I’m in the uk and I’m struggling to find a wheel suitable.
    Thanks in advance

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

So long as the OD of the mounted tire is the same or less than the stock ones, and the width doesn’t increase too much you will be fine. The Hijets had 13-inch wheels with a lower profile tire as a stock option.

3. Tim205

Tim205 New Member

Any idea what width you can go to without mods. A lot of the alloy wheels I’ve seen are 13x5

4. Jigs-n-fixtures

What is the OD of the stock tire?

5-inches is 127-mm. 130% of that is 165-mm.

So, 165sr##13. The ## is the aspect ratio, of how tall the sidewall is compared to the width. To find the ## you need to know what OD you need.

A 165 sr78-13 would have a side wall height of 78% of the 165-mm, or or 128-mm, or 5-inches. You double that for 10-inches, and add it to the 13 for an OD, of 23-inches

If your stock tires are 22-inches OD: You subtract the 13 from the 22, to get 9-inches, and divide it by 2, to get the tire height of 4.5-inches, or 114.3-mm. Dividing that by the tread width of 165-mm, gives you an aspect ratio of 69.27%. So, use 70%, and a 165SR70-13 tire.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    Kristopher Skelton likes this.
  5. Jigs-n-fixtures

The backspacing is what really matters. This is a good primer on what it means, and how to measure it for your truck..

Tim205 likes this.
  6. Dirtdiver

Dirtdiver New Member

I run 175/70R13 with no problems. The rims are from an early Toyota