1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need struts.. Any cross reference

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Hondarancher4435, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Hondarancher4435

Hondarancher4435 New Member

Hi I'm new to the forum purchased a Mitsubishi mits u15d last weekend. I've always been intrigued by these mini trucks and finally found one for the right price. Didn't run when I picked it up due to dirty fuel and rusted tank from sitting I installed a new tank and got it running pretty well just needs to some tweaking and maybe a carb clean.

Now for the unfortunate part the underside is very rusty I live in the snowbelt within 10 minutes of getting it running I snapped a strut off where the ear mounts to the hub. Welded it back together for now but I need new struts and was shocked by seeing a price of $400 online so I'd like to know if there's any aftermarket struts from an auto parts store that fit of their 1-2" longer that's okay for a little lift.

If anyone has struts for sale send me a price also need a outer Cv boot it tore when the wheel flopped over

Thanks for any info looking forward to getting to know you guys

2. mr.mindless

mr.mindless Member

I may be putting Samurai running gear under my u14t later this summer, not sure if the struts are a match but if you're patient that may be an option. I don't have a firm timeline whatsoever, and I haven't completely evaluated the project yet - too many other irons in the fire right now.

I'm in Rochester NY

3. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

I would start by looking in japan. used car parts. sometimes there is used parts here but you never know how long you have to wait. Theres also this chinese co that I have used before. Japanese parts from China. I'll work on what the site is and get back to you

4. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

well I found what your looking for on alibaba.com globa rise from japan has what ever part you need for cheap
    good luck

5. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Go to "yokohamamotors.net/store/index.html" and then scroll down the left side index. there are some struts listed there. I think they ship worldwide.

Fred

6. Hondarancher4435

Hondarancher4435 New Member

Never purchased from alibaba. Have any of you it seems on most things you have to order a minimum of about 50

7. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

I've ordered a few things from there. and the minimum order is often waved off. I have ordered just one of something when minimum order was stated as 100.
    Tony