1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with water pump

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Scott-N-GA, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Scott-N-GA

Scott-N-GA New Member

In need of a little help here, was about to fix the main problem with my hi-jet a bad water pump. Simple fix I belive but here is the problem, the previous owners removed it and I have nothing.

By looking at the block my pump has 5 bolts. There is two studs coming out of the motor and three tapped holes in the block. I am assuming there is a water neck made onto the waterpump becouse one hose from the radiator is aimed directly toward the pump.

Every where I look I see a pump like pictured for the newer h-jets.
    But by looking at the block it doesn't look right.
    I am belive my Hi-jet is fairly old by researching on the internet.
    Anyone got a picture or a advice. I am going to call the daihatsu help line tommrow.

Scott

Attached Files:

2. Scott-N-GA

Scott-N-GA New Member

This is the best looking match I could find but don't see where the water hose would go.

Scott

Attached Files:

3. Scott,
    Just changed a water pump out on a Daihatsu last week will get back to you later this morning.
    Steve
    www.stevesautomn.com

4. Attached Files:

5. Scott-N-GA

Scott-N-GA New Member

I do belive that is it. I looked around last night and I belive I found one for sale. Would like to buy on out right, the one I found is in an auction. Anyone got a idea on what one cost new and were you can find one.

I found one members website shows one but $200.

Scott

6. chadhite

chadhite Member

water

Scott,

If you are interested I can rebuild the water pump for you and include a new gasket. If you are interested e-mail me at minitrucks@bellsouth.net

Thanks,
    Chad

7. Scott-N-GA

Scott-N-GA New Member

Just wanted to say thanks for everyones help on the water pump. I searched and finally found one on ebay. $74 shipped to me, brand new I belive that was a good find looking at other prices.

Second question, Someone got a rough measurement on the OD measurements of the pulley. I am missing it, and belive if I cannot come up with one I can turn one out on the Lathe. Just looking I would say it wasn't over 3.5" maybe.

Scott