1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new mini truck

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by 4Wheelin, Mar 12, 2008.

1. 4Wheelin

4Wheelin Member

94 Mitsubishi 4x4

Purchased from Mini Trucks of Columbus Ga. Thanks goes to Jimmy for a great deal and a great truck!

I wished I had taken some pics before I rolled in the bedliner, lifted it and installed the 25" Maxxis Bighorns on ITP Type 7 wheels.

Mossy Oak Obsession Camo clad is going to apllied to it this weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  2. Colin

Colin Member

Looks good! :)

3. danzel27

danzel27 Guest

Nice one dude! I hope I can have a truck like that. And the truck parts are great too. You're tight! You should take a lot of pics of your truck so that we can see all the featured parts of your vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2008
  4. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Welcome. Very nice looking rig!

5. 4Wheelin

4Wheelin Member

Here are some better pics before the camo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I started the Camo clad last night and got the bed completed. Gonna start on the cab tonight

6. 4Wheelin

4Wheelin Member

Got some new pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ssmusicman

ssmusicman Member

closeup pics of camo application

Not looking to judge your camo application tallents, just curious what the
    "edges" look like with this stuff on. I've not seem a camo'd truck up close
    and I've never used the sheet stuff. Interested in how it wraps, if you wrap
    the corners, etc. My impression is that it goes on like wallpaper?

Thanks,
    SS

PS. Nice looking truck, what sort of lift did you use in the front? I'm looking
    at a '94 and the left side axle looks WAYYYYY to short to even think of
    anything other than moving the entire front suspetion down, thougths?

8. DRW

DRW Member

Looks pretty slick,I like it.

9. 4Wheelin

4Wheelin Member

Dont worry, I have absolutely NO camo application talents to speak of whatsoever!!:D

I would say it goes on more like window tint than wallpaper. You have to use a squeegie to apply the material evenly to keep it free from wrinkles and air bubbles. I cut the edges with a razor right even with the body lines around the doors, cab, and bed instead of wrapping. I brushed the edges with the bedliner material to create a "seal", for lack of a better term, to glue the edges to keep from peeling. I brushed the bedliner on the door jams on the doors and the cab. I also did the roof in bedliner because there was no way in hell I was ever going to be able to form the camo around the ridges on top of the cab. It was already a PITA, if you know what I mean, to camo the sides. If you get really close you can see the cut lines in the camo, but stand 5 feet back and it all looks like one big custome cut piece for each body panel. Good enough for me, it is a hunting, farming truck anyway.

I used the 3" lift I got from Mac town motors. So far no problem with the left shaft and I have put it thru a rigorous test on the trails and hill climbing. No binding or noise from it all. If it does start to become a problem, I will lower the the front suspension, not until then though.

10. Samurai9

Samurai9 Member

Great looking truck. Big tires don't rub?

Sam

11. 4Wheelin

4Wheelin Member

Not since I trimmed the front of the doors and the rocker panel a little bit. The trim lines actually turned out pretty clean.

12. ssmusicman

ssmusicman Member

Front left drive shaft

Could you take a picture of the front left driveshaft, that would show the angle? I just bought the exact same truck tonight and would like to see what
    3" of lift does before I invest in a lift.

Thanks much,
    SS

13. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

ssmusicman, I'm curious, where did you buy your truck? (I'm in Wisconsin too)

14. ssmusicman

ssmusicman Member

From an online auction, (not E-Bay)

SS

4wheelin, sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread, back to your truck, would like to see some
    close-ups, thanks...

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  15. 4Wheelin

4Wheelin Member

No problem man. Congrats on your new truck!!!!:D

I will get ya some suspension pics tomorrow. It was a very easy install and I am a shade tree mechanic at best. I just like to work on my own stuff and do my own mods. I still have to do a toe in alignment on it and have no idea how to do it yet. :frustration:

Get us some pics of your rig soon.

16. ssmusicman

ssmusicman Member

I would but they will look like every other bone stuck truck you see for sale on the net, pretty boring right now. I do have a list of wants and needs that
    I plan to do, the least of which is a lift and tires. I am however planning at this point to do a complete front suspention drop, not just struts, will wait to see what your drive angles look like. Need to get it in the shop tonight and poke around it a bit... SS

17. Cavvietta

Cavvietta Guest

Did you figure out how to do alignment ?

Nice truck.
    Did you figure out how to do the alignment ?
    I am having the same problem right now the tie rods wont adjust.
    thanks

18. 4Wheelin

4Wheelin Member

No unfortunately, I dont see anywhere that I can make any adjustments. Other than maybe lowering the front suspension, there seems to be no way of fixing the problem. Might be able to lower the front suspension about an inch and a half and get the tires somewhat in the right angle again. I am not an alignment man and do not know what the right terms are. Correct me if I am wrong - tow in/out is when the tires are pointed either in or out, and camber is when the top of the tires are either out farther or in farther than the bottom of the tires.

19. Cavvietta

Cavvietta Guest

Your terminology is correct.
    The toe is really important, the camber is not so important if your running atv tires so long as the camber is the same for both wheels. I don't think you want any neg camber because as you ad weight the way these trucks are designed it will get more neg.
    I actually left some pos camber on my truck because I will be hauling alot with it.
    Caster is also important I think in my mod i might have changed the caster some so I will have to adjust that also.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2008
  20. ace cutter

ace cutter Member

some pics from a carry w/ 8 " lift re in thr gallery under ace cutter