1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new Black Line Snow Plow

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by jwetovick, Jan 16, 2012.

1. jwetovick

jwetovick Member

So I recieved my new Black Line plow a few weeks ago now and wouldn't you know it, I scared the snow away! Middle of January and we are getting 60 degree days. Crazy! However I have been able to try out the plow on my driveway plowing ice that was packed down from driving on it. My driveway is white rock. I've played around with the bulldozer option and it works darn good. To be honest I don't have any complaints as of yet but also have not been able to really test it out too much. The ol Mits seems to handle it pretty well with the stock wheels and tires on it. Put this thing in 4 lo and it will do anything you want it to! I've posted a couple pics. Total cost of the plow to my door was $1100. Not too bad for a plow with auto up and down and manual side to side. Took about 45 minutes to put together and was ready to go! Very simple

Attached Files:

2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Thats a nice setup. I hope you get some white stuff to play in soon! Its probably driving you nuts!

3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Neat. Is that a 6' blade?

I kinda forgot about my snow plow project until the first real snow (which we only just got!) Multiple passes on a 1/4 mile long driveway on top of the tractor with the wind blowing is not that much fun.

4. jwetovick

jwetovick Member

Yes it's a 6 foot blade. Had some flurries last night but not enough to get to play in. If anyone is interested in one of these il give you the guys name I went through. Super nice guy and cheap.

5. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

nice!!!...........no snow here either..lake is still open water..+5 overnight...odd weather..hope you find something to plow:p

6. DYNOBOB

DYNOBOB Member

Love the plow!

Did you do a camo wrap or dip the whole truck? :) Looks good.

7. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

I think he used one of those camo stencil kits since the frame is done as well...it does look good....:)

8. jwetovick

jwetovick Member

Hi guys. Yes fupa is correct. I purchased my mini from G&R and the fellas there used a stencil kit to paint it. Turned out nicely. Sure looks like a totally different rig after taking off the atv tires and nice wheels. Just didn't realize how much difference they would make in speed compared to originals so they are sitting on shelf in garage and on craigslist. No interest from anyone yet. Want to sell and just get some 13in wheels and tires.

By the way, can anyone guess what my plate stands for????? Look in the first pic. BGBKDN

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012