1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most reliable van?

Discussion in 'Microvans' started by Unclewolverine, May 20, 2023.

1. Unclewolverine

Unclewolverine New Member

As far as an automatic, 4wd van which has the best reliability, at least for mid 90s models? Or are these little buggers all roughly the same across the board?

2. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

I'd stay away from an automatic and 4wd unless you are taking it off road. None of them are reliable until you do all the needed PM work.

3. Unclewolverine

Well, as a rule I don't care for automatics but I want to use it for mail delivery on rough roads so I kind of need it to be automatic and 4wd. I use an app to keep track of all the pm on my mail jeep, I've kept it going for 368 thousand miles.

4. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

Sounds like you have a plan then. Suzukis are easiest to get parts for, some you can get from RockAuto. Hondas are pretty reliable because Honda and they restarted making replacment OEM parts, so theres that. Mazda is just a rebadged Suzuki. Daihatsu are ok and Subaru Sambars run fast but can have engine issues.

5. Unclewolverine

Ok, thanks! I would probably stay away from Subaru on general principle, I've owned rx7s and I loved my geo metro, (re-badged Suzuki,) so I'll definitely look into those. I liked the atrai that was for sale near me recently.