1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mitsubishi English Manual

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Donald Andrews, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  2. TetsuKuma

TetsuKuma Member

OMG, in English yet! Ordered one. I will give a review once received and digested!

3. Cynical

Cynical New Member

Perhaps even better than just for the U41-U42, it covers the 3G83 engine which is in later models also.

4. oarlock

oarlock New Member

12 valve engine not covered?

My 94 Mitsu u42 says it has 12 valves

5. misterturbo

misterturbo Member

Would this manual by chance have the 4A30 found in the 93+ U42V Bravo's?

6. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

So what did you guys think of this manual, is it worth buying?

I don't see a phone# to call for any questions, so I'm a little unsure.

Is it all the systems in depth?

Steve

7. TetsuKuma

TetsuKuma Member

OK, here you go, for what it is worth...sorry for being so slow on this, been kind of busy!

Manual graphics are fair. Lots of the "jaggies" due to scanning in during production but nothing that kills the use. Great translation of the Japanese original.

Covers 3G83 660cc engines as used in the MiniCab Truck and Bravo Van 1991-96
    SOHC 4 valve,
    DOHC 5 valve,
    SOHC 2 valve engines (U41T-V, U42T & V)

Engine overhaul
    Fuel system
    Cooling system &
    Engine Electrical
    Special tools, torque values, engine specs. If you have any issues with the engine this a good source. Timing belt swap, re-build of engine, and carb adjustments, testing.

Does not cover drive train or body!

8. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

Great thanks, I just ordered one and the electrical book as well.

Steve

9. Guys,
    getting permission from Mitsubishi is a very slow process. It took over a year just for the Jeep series. That is the reason the full body version is not out yet. So far we have permission only for the engine and electrical. We are waiting for the final sign off and then the full body-drivetrain etc will be out. I going to say around Jan-Feb to be realistic.

Cheers,
    Don

10. Badgerland

Badgerland Member

Any idea on future publication for the U62T?

11. Yeah, a U62T would be handy, we have one at the lab for EPA certification now so an english manual would be handy!

12. yes, we have it already but can not release it until its signed off by Mitsubishi. Also newer models are in line. In the mean time if there are specific question I can answer them. Just dont flood me with "How do you change the spark plug questions"...LOL. We also have the parts catalog for these trucks out in a bit.

Cheers,
    Don
    PS. Subaru EN07 Engine Parts Catalog just out!

13. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

Right on Don,

Post it when you have the parts book I'll buy one for sure.

Steve

14. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

Missing info?

I have a question,

I just got my engine only manual called the "English service manual" and my Electrical version book from "LULU" online for my 91 Bravo van and I am a little confused.

In the electrical book there are numbers pointing to wiring plugs that are labled with only numbers like A45, A46, A47, etc, but there is no list of what these numbers are.
    Is there a missing sheet ? or was I suposed to buy another book for a list of the answers to these numbers?
    Is that the parts book not yet printed?, if so I would kind of need it hey?

Also, in the engine book, I don't see the oil amount, no HP specs either,
    I wanted to change my idle mixture screw as well as I think I'm to rich but don't see the turning specs either (EG : 2 1/2 turns out)

Also, I guess I would need to buy,
    the body book,
    the chassis book,
    and transmission book, etc if I wanted get the "full manual" Am I right asuming this?

Do you have an owners manual in english or japanese?

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  15. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

Thank you for the PM Donald

I understand now and it makes sence.
    I will be getting the rest of the books as well when they are ready.

please post a link later when ready if you could.

Thanks again,:)

Steve

16. Hello All,
    This is a reply I sent to Steve and hope it can answer most peoples questions.

Dear Steve,
    Let me answer your questions. First of all the reason for the series of different Mitsubishi books. Out of all the car companies in Japan Mitsubishi has limited us on what and when we could publish information. First they would only let us publish the electrical diagrams and then the engine only. Finally 3 days ago they gave us permission for the whole manual. The full version should be out in a few weeks after they review the material. These issues have now been solved but in the mean time people needed whatever information they could get. Now (next few weeks) the whole series will be out for the MiniCab Truck & Bravo Van.

Electrical book questions:
    The plugs with labels indicate harnesses. In the individual circuits in the book show the circuit details. The labels state what harness connects to what harness. There are many harnesses in the vehicle and they correspond to the proper circuit. You will see in the individual circuits the same plug identification. If you are having troubles take the book to a garage that handles electrical issues and they will understand this system as it is standard for all car manufactures.

HP Specifications: All this will be out in the new book. For your vehicle the HP ratings @ the wheel 4000 RPM 12.5 kg/cm2 (2 Valve) 13.0kg/cm2 (4Valve)

Idle Screw Adjustment: Do NOT back of the adjustment 2 1/2 turns as that is an old GM/Ford standard and not Japanese. If the screw has never been tampered do NOT adjust it as that is the proper factory adjustment. Always tune up the vehicle first before adjusting Idle screws.

I hope this answers the majority of your inquiry.

Cheers,
    Don

17. Dan A

Dan A New Member

Is the hemi 12 valve covered in this manual?

18. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Dan, this is an old thread, Don hasn’t been on line since Jan 14, 2014. So, I doubt he will respond. If you click on a users name in the thread, it will open a profile data screen, and tell you when they were last on.

You can follow the link at the top of the thread to the Lulu site, and there is more information on teh books there, and you can buy them there also.

19. Dan A

Dan A New Member

Thank you for the info, I did order the manual and appreciate the tip about clicking on a name to find out when they were last active. I did not know that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.