1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mini truck leg room

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by wade, Aug 18, 2007.

1. wade

wade New Member

I have a few questions if someone could help. I like the 2000 up mitsubishi\suzuki trucks. I am 6'2 240 pounds would it be big enough? I have a yamaha rhino if they have that much room that would be great thank's.

2. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

I'm also 6'2" tall. I own a 95 Daihatsu, and I fit in that, albeit just barely. I recommend sitting in one, and verifying how you feel in the truck.

3. mustbrush

mustbrush New Member

I found the pedals a bit tricky with my hunting boots on.I fit fine at 5' 11" 195 lbs but my brother at 6' 280lbs with hunting cloths on kinda fills the rest of the truck.lol Nothing like going down hill stomping the brake and gas at the same time with one foot.My brother said if we hit the tree at the bottom just dig a hole big enough for him and the truck.They are fun to drive though.

4. Colin

Colin Member

I'm 6'4" and 300 lbs... I fit in a '90 Sambar, but it takes a little knee repositioning to use the wipers on their high setting (pulling the stalk on the left all the way toward me) or signaling right with the high beams on. Other than that, I'm fine. I've driven about 80 miles (~1.5 hours) at a time without cramping up or going stir crazy. :)

I figure one way to clear up some more space in the cab would be to eliminate the stalks on the column and replace them with a few rocker or toggle switches on the dash. You could also reposition the seatback (which is installed in a fixed position) so that it's more upright against the back of the cab - that should open up a couple of inches of room near the back of the ass cushion, which will in turn slide your knees back a couple of inches.

Colin

5. abcminitrucks

abcminitrucks Member

I have found the newer model trucks (2000+) seem to have a little more leg room. But I basically tell my customers, if they are over 6' tall, it will be a tight fit in an older truck. Certainly drivable, but not as comfortable as a newer truck or an extended cab truck.

6. xroadsimport

xroadsimport Member

The new style body, anything 1999 or newer, has much more space and leg room than the older counterpart. They added 6" of overal length to the trucks and added all of that to the cab.

The longer wheel base models, 1999 Suzuki and Mitsubishi, I have found to be my favoit for several reasons. The front tire is all the way to the front of the truck.

The 1999 and newer Subaru probably has the largest cab though. It is pretty huge. I have one on my lot now.

7. EastTexasMiniTrucks

EastTexasMiniTrucks New Member

I have to agree with Cory. The 99's and newer are the way to go for the 6' plus guys. I have a friend who's 6'7" and it is a funny site to see when he stop by and plays around in my 98' and older trucks. ...talk about knees up his chin. hahaha.

8. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

I've driven many (since I export them). I'm currently driving a 2003 Subaru AT (on the roads here in Japan). Its great because the shift is in the dash, not on the floor. I'm 6foot 2 and build like a brick s#$thouse (rugby player). I find this truck to be great for leg room.