1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mad Mazie Build

Discussion in 'Performance' started by firejonny89, Aug 7, 2012.

1. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

i have a/c also i dont use it but once in awhile but it does have it :) i need to refill it next year but thats no biggie

what spark plugs did you end up using i know you stated a dpr6eix-9 but i cant find them i found dpr7eix-9 but just bored and cant sleep. figured i would look while i have nothing else to do.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  2. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

jonny cum'on;

NOW we're talk'en,

You see, if you DO in fact have the AC, then you have the TWO-PULLEY crank drive....these are important items to be considered. I understood that you were AC free, and as such, had only the single drive crank pulley...
    Whether it works or not, man, you gott'a keep me informed...

So NOW, we're working with TWO crank drive pulleys.......RIGHT?...

3. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Don't worry about the plugs; I FORBID YOU...

Like I said in the PMs; Spaner-Design...is like a virus....we shall start at the center and migrate OUT, to encompass the entire build....the only build factor...

TIME...

4. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Finnish; and infect the central nexas...then, the mount, then the drive....

Then we shall encompass the exahaust....TIME...BE PATIENT...

ONE step at a time...

I can't think in terms of the "TRUCK"...

Start with the S/C Clutch; and work outward...

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  5. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

yes i have ac sorry i thought you knew i had ac but oh well and im just bored trying to source some small parts while i cant do much else tonight. still awaiting a confirmation on the ac unit shaft size

6. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

That, will be 17mm...

You know, that I'm a movie BUFF..."I forbid you..."...for 5 internet credits...heh, heh...

Really, it's just too difficult to jump around from here to there, as I've said in the PMs...

I just can't work that way...It's fun talking to you "on the fly", but nothing can be gained by it...

CALM DOWN; my friend. You must learn to go one step at a time. How; if I throught every piece of information at you; could you possibly figure it out...and implement it...?

I can't even spell it, never mined implement it...

Lett's get the clutch done...then we'll work OUTWARD'S from there...ye'A...???

7. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

that will work for now

8. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

9. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

and that bearing would be for????

10. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Clutch snout,

That's the one that I used, but you could use whatever. To use this bearing both the upper shaft and the inner part of the snout had to be milled.

11. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

i figured some milling beings it said 13 mm just a guess lol but that will work just need one correct.

12. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

ac unit it came in i got in a hurry and wanted to start tearing it down but i cant get the inner parts out of it. I most be missing something. spaner do you remember anything about it from when you do it? and by the way the s/c oil was clear just really dark what would u use to replace it

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  13. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

14. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

BTW, while picking up ac units, it is only important to pick-up two at this time that are the same. This will give you the one-to-one drive, 7psi and some spares (drive plate and coil).

No one has researched this stuff, building a drive like this, but if they had...
    Later, you will be able to change your boost level to what ever you want, simply by changing the SC pulley!!
    You see, ford used the same pump on many models...but they sized the pulley for the application. Motorcraft "YB-XXX"...
    You want 9psi...50bucks off ebay and 30 minutes work...

15. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

sweet good to know im sure 7 psi will be plenty i dont want to blow the motor. got most the inner parts out on part till on the shaft i think it will need to be pressed off look into that tomorrow time to get ready for work thanks for the video i tried that but i didnt use enough force came right off second time. that bearing goes in the front part of the clutch housing right? looks like it to me thats the spot .5 mm mill on the shaft and close to that on the housing to fit the bearing if so. the picture u post a few days ago where the shaft needs milled that would be the back side that goes to the s/c right or it looks that way to me. Couplers are in just didnt make it there to get them today. and im still awaiting the new speedo to come in the words i got put in the center part of it is what is holding that up takes up to a week from the order time for them to ship because the time it will take to print it that way. well thats enough for now time for work in just a few. feel like i made some good head way today now to get the mount plate started on the cad system that will be the job this weekend.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  16. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Yup,
    That's all correct, you got it figured out. You see what I mean by concentrating on one thing at a time and waiting until you have the part in your hand...You're like "oh, I see where that bearing goes"...I don't have to explain it in a 3 page dissertation. I think the machinist said it was 5thou out of the neck, all the way down to the base.

The shaft pressing didn't work for me, not sure why. What I did was to use a hack saw, in-line with the shaft, all the way to 1mm.....don't scratch the shaft(wrap it)....then, with a chisel type punch, in the cut, POW-and CRACK...slide it off...

Post some pics when you get a chance, cu'z nobody understood what I just explained except you....

17. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Yea i will try to get some pictures tomorrow and post them while at work. Ill try freezer and press just for the heck of it but if that dont work saw it will be just takes a while doing it with a saw, but i guess thats a good thing keeps u from going to far and messing up the shaft. Picture wise would probably go something like this whole a/c unit, clutch plate and pulley removed, ac unit split in halfs, shaft and the piece being removed, just shaft and then milled to size shaft and a housing front after being milled and bearing. Might toss a few others in there to cover the process for everyone. If u have any other picture u think i should take while im at it just say so ill do what i can to get them. Other than that im out of steps till the mount plate is dealt with. ill be bagging up the spare ac parts and storing them. The inside had a good deal of oil or lube or something on them probably a few ounces worth. speaking of that do you know how much oil the s/c should hold mine might of had 4 or 5 in it just seems a little low to me.

18. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Sounds cool,
    The SC oil amount you'll have to research. Mine came brand new from Japan with the oil in it. I almost had to brake the case to get the bolt out. Nice clean oil, closed it back up...I know it's not a lot...

Maybe an ounce and a half?

19. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Ill see what i can find should not need a lot im guess 3 ounces at the very very very most. and thats probably still to much but ill find out. mine had more than an ounce and a half but i dont not for sure ill recheck it in the am.

20. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Only thing i could find on about ten different pages was 130cc which figures to just under 4.4 us ounces

21. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

That's more than I would have thought. That'll cost you about 65bucks but, it's a smart thing to do. I've read many many times that the GM oil is just fine for a replacement, never read anything about the capacity of the AMR 500 though.

22. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

65 heck i found 4 ounce bottles on ebay 12.50 free shipping like 4 or 5 of them listed that way gm oem supercharger oil and by the way nice p 30 video

23. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Ha, ha, I was looking at the dealer site...ebay..at that price, you could wash it once with the good stuff...

I also only found one listing,
    [TABLE="width: 98%"]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 3"][h=3]Aisin[/h][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 98%"][h=3]These are miniature GMC variants with 2-lobe straight rotors made in at least 4 sizes. The smaller are the AMR300 (300cc) and AMR500 (500cc). The 1200 and 1420cc capacity, known as SC12 and SC14, are used on Toyota engines. The rotors are fluorine resin coated. The units have their own lubricating oil, 130cc. Stock boost is regulated to about 0.7 bar.[/h]

The P-30 is a hell of a lot of fun...:rolleyes:[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

24. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

yeap same one i saw im thinking buy two use most of one to flush it with and the rest to leave in it.

25. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

picture time

ok some pictures of the a/c unit. sorry they a big pictures.

first off the whole thing.
    [​IMG]

next is the front with out the clutch plate or pulley.
    [​IMG]

front half after everything was removed
    [​IMG]

back half
    [​IMG]

all the workings from the inside
    [​IMG]

the shaft by its self the collar looking part will be needed to be cut off.
    [​IMG]

26. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

COOL...YE'A...:cool:...

We'z on da right track my friend. Every'ting looking very good...:p

For everyone posting, there are about 10 people trolling, just trying to figure it all out. I really want you to get an exact clone of the Interceptor 2.0. Why? So that you can be dynoed, and I know that you can do that down there. I can't. Really, we have just scratched the surface, but you will get there. I can see that you are motivated, and I enjoy helping you to achieve what it is that I drive with everyday; in the badlands.
    I suggest that you get dynoed before, ... we bolt any parts on, but that's up to you...

I'll try to help you out as much as I can but, the final decisions are up to you; it's your truck. Man, you're going to be like..."What the FRACK spaner...what the frack..."...:sly:....you're current winter meats are just going to spin...he, he..:rolleyes:

Anyway, last week, I was just messing with you (cu'z that's fun too), the truth is that I didn't remember a lot of the stuff, and had to head out to the storage yard to get you the correct, and absolute information. Also, I know that you know what you are doing, but, I don't want to over stimulate you; giving you TOO much information in one GO....I believe, and buy into the "one-step-at-a-time" mentoring format...

Let's try a little bit more, and you can deal with it as you like...:

Here's my plugs after two seasons...

[​IMG]

What do you guys think?...

Ho, ya, "NGK"_"R"....DCPR6E...Just about right, YE'A?...

OOPs, this was due to the Interceptor's nemesis...:

[​IMG]

The exhaust #'s that you asked for:

[​IMG]

More to come...

moto_0243.jpg moto_0244.jpg moto_0245.jpg

27. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Not logged in, eh...
    That's OK...I know that you're working hard...

Never posted before, Interceptor 2.0... The exhaust routing...2.0" exhaust flow...

Midas my friend, Midas can copy this 2" installation...

One hard-mount, and two soft-mounts...

Like a factory, boost-up application...

Nothing smaller than 2.0", from the manifold, to the tail pipe...

Forget "catalytic integration";....he,he...

What we want, is BOOST...POWER...

Just clone it...

moto_0246.jpg moto_0247.jpg moto_0248.jpg "

28. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

BTW, yea, you're pic's are too big Man, they take a long time to load...Just use "paint", and shrink those suckers down to the screen size....65%...ish...or so, very easy to do...(you want me to describe??)

Anyway...

This is the last of the exhaust...:

[​IMG]

OK, so, The Jamar Mounting location...

[​IMG]

You'll work it out...

AND, this will give you a few ideas...

[​IMG]

Just ask ANY questions, and I will help you...

moto_0249.jpg moto_0250.jpg moto_0251.jpg

29. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Ho, forgot to add these for you;

Vac Controller:
    Hobbs
    77343 4 N/C

Gator Belts;

Oil Filter;
    Carquest
    CFI 85367

K&N
    RC-2890
    RC-2890DK

I forget what the crank breather number was...

30. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Thanks sorry i was in a parade this morning just got home and found some food. thanks for the info.