1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mad Mazie Build

Discussion in 'Performance' started by firejonny89, Aug 7, 2012.

1. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

For most of the daily visitor you probably know what this thread is going to be about. For anyone one that does not this is mainly going to be about the cloning of a super charger set up that one of our other members has done. Most of the built will be like his as it comes to the super charger part. As for the rest of the truck i will be stealing a few ideals of his and others from here. I also will try to give everyone the credit for either there ideals and or their help with my build as correctly as i can.

This thread is not going to be only about the super charger addition to Mazie but Im going to back track and post some of the earlier mods i have done to her up to this time. feel free to ask any questions about what i have done and going to be doing. I know of at least two other members that will be checking in from time to time to bail me out and give there insight. If they cant answer Im sure they know who on here can. Also if you have any other ideals that might be a needed addition feel free to inform me. During the winter my job slows way down and any thing to think about during the long hours of nothingness at work will be greatly appreciated. Here is some popcorn for the long read. :pop: Thanks for you time and input everyone. time for the list of finished mods and pictures to go with them.

First of all the truck on the first week.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Was a nice mostly clean truck one dent in the tail gate and two in the front more than likely from shipment over seas not biggie.

next up was a tach. I hate manuals with no tach. idk why but i cant stand not being able to look and see what rpms Im running basic most people use this one easy to look up on here.
    [​IMG]

then came some speakers for a radio same radio you can find by searching the forum. I made a wooden box for mine till i get the time to put them in the doors.
    [​IMG]

My next issue was the front springs where way to weak for what i would need. #250 springs each side.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New rims and tires. way better than the pizza cutters then truck had at first.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  2. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

more mods

The next was the reason i got a Mazda (same as a Suzuki mini). the front and rear bumpers. The front.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The rear bumper.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No off road truck is ready till its snorkeled.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the black thing was something to help it warm up in the winter junk.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The whole reason I got the mini a plow. The lights have been taken off for now the mount i had would not work they will be added back dont worry.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  3. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

The last of the currently completed mods fender flares. too many close calls with rocks and my nice mirrors ended up with some flexy flares.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Trust me they look way better when the off road tires are on that picture is to come.

4. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Time for the mod that is the whole reason for my thread and some others that are to come soon. The beloved super charger. I will be making a clone of what another member did on here before I even had a clue what I was doing with Mazie. Thanks goes out to spaner. For his great addition to the power of minis to come. If i can follow what he did than hopefully someone else will also see that it can be done. A link to his build thread.
    http://www.minitrucktalk.com/showthread.php?6489-Super-Charger-Build&highlight=spaner

Now for the few pictures of the super charger i will be using a amr500.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That is all the pictures i have for now till i find my camera and load some of another small mod i did and get the super charger plus another mod under way and pictures take.

Have a nice day.

5. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Excellent, take the plunge, and you have; the games to follow...he, he, he...

Fun...Yea...yea...fun...

6. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Oh yea lots of fun and games to come and a few sleepless nights wonder what did i get into and how to get out of it Im sure are coming very soon.
    But from those sleepless nights will come the glory of being able to look back and go look what i was able to do.

7. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

I found some pictures on my cell of a small mod i did pelican boxes under the bed side. Not real hard to do.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last one is what holds them to the bracket. Sorry they are big pictures ill work on that tomorrow

8. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

1340640353798.jpg

As easy as with "Windows picture and fax viewer". Open it, and rotate it, with the little arrows at the bottom...then it's Global...loaded as per...:pop:

[​IMG]

And I'm OUTTY...

9. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Hey all I have been looking at some k&n filters. thinking once the s/c is in there will prolly be no room for the stock air box no big deal right. I think i found something that would work perfectly once hocked up right. please tell me what you think http://www.knfilters.com/universal/apollo.htm It is a closed air filter so should be waterproof to a point. I think that could get me past the not more air box and still get to keep the snorkel take some work to make it work and its a like pricey but what about a s/c add on is not gonna be pricey so what the heck go big or go home.

olddeeres likes this.
  10. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Now the 4 and a half week wait :frustration: for my buddy to paint her. He was really busy but it is now done.:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Ok so today while at work sitting in the office while it rained :(. I was thinking how nice it would be to have a mph speedometer and found one that runs on gps no cables or wires or sensors to hook up other than power ground light for night driving and a small antenna to poke out the dash thats it. Yes its a little work but i like know what speed Im running and when i go from the stock to the offroad or the newer 13 inch rims the stock speedo will be off. Here is the link http://www.speedhut.com/custom_gauge_description-gauge_type-Speedometer_GPS-auto_number-913.htm Thanks every

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  12. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

that's a cool speedo...nice find

13. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

I thought so im still thinking of ordering one not sure yet.

14. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Yea, save that cash, he, he..

Buy this x 2

AC-1.jpg AC-2.jpg

$50x2 from a yard, tell them that it's for a project...no warranty...maybe $75

15. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Remanufactured for ford motor company

p/n f30z-19v649-aarm
    vendor code vc1110
    sap# 4021224

16. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Have you noticed any road noise reduction...in the cab? You know, bed liner application...

17. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

I have not had it out much with work and it being tagged as a sxs here i have to wait for the new stickers to come in to hit the road big time. less lil rattle from the tail gate hinges and what not but have not had it up to speed

18. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Ok so small update on the Mad Mazie build. Im going junk yardin Friday in search of a ac compressor and clutch if I dont have any luck I have found many on ebay that have been rebuilt on the north end of 80 bucks. Almost double a junk yard price but its been redone and thats if I cant find one this Friday. Next purchase is not need but WANTED big time the gps gauge I link a few post back its going in the cart this weekend. That way all the parts should come in mid to late next week just in time for the weekend work time. :) In the mean time Im going to jack up the front end this weekend and see where all the noise is coming from when I hit a bump on the drivers side Im guessing something to do with the strut :(. Those may be next on the order list followed by the shaft coupler and mount plate for the front of the s/c to get the clutch mounted and out of the way. If I have time left over the center plastic is coming out to see about mounting the front traction control :D. Well thats all for now.

Update: Ok so i got really bored at work tonight and ordered the gps gauge oops. :pop: I even added a little custom text to the middle of it but you will have to wait and see what it says once its installed.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  19. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Ruland
    MSPX-17-17-F

Manufacturer modified from MSPX-16-16-F

olddeeres likes this.
  20. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

It would be cool if Socal Sonny
    decided to do the Hijet at the same time

Then we'd have three...a zuk, a mazie, and a hijet...

21. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

Thanks for the coupler info and yea socal sonny that would be cool

22. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

I found place thats close for the coupler lil over a 30 min. drive ill be calling them in the am see if they will see me one milled out to 17 or if ill have to go down the line on more step but there listed price for the MSPX-16-16-F is $64. which I dont think is to bad even if i have to have the mill work done else where. they cant charger that much for a 10 in job. Or i have friend on the fire department that works at a place that could prolly mill it out to 17 for nothing. idk if they could make the other parts. idk what all the have but they could do that.

23. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

It's a special order part from the manufacturer MSPX-17-17-F

Ordered through a supplier. Just send an email to Ruland with the part number and your location. They will tell you who to order the part from.

24. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

ahhh ok will do right now hope its the place i found

25. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

i gave up on ruland and call the store i found and they ordered these a climax R2CC-075-075 x2 for if the first gets messed up i will have a replacement $45 each and can be milled out to 19 mm if the ac happens to be different. all is well on the coupler end still waiting on a reply for the ac unit

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  26. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

OK,

So you'll soon be able to start some mapping and milling. I've got a bunch of sketches together for you. These are for reference only as they have errors in them from progress. As I've said in PMs, the finals were sent to Chris to design the final CADs. He didn't keep either the final sketch or the CAD. Like he said, better for you to start with new mapping and make your own decisions on how you want things to be put together. I'll list what I do remember, but I'm not going to start correcting old sketches as I don't have the parts on the bench to mike and compare.

1-SC_MatingPlate.JPG
    Here, the 4 M8 main snout mounting locations were later corrected to a CAD design accumulation of degrees from the right hand ref zero location. (right-hand-horizontal location; degrees accumulating clockwise) That was the first correction. The second, was that the snout was rotated 90 degrees. (Snout main exterior mounting are now top and bottom as opposed to side mountings) The third correction was that the ring grove was not cut as a 100mm to 110mm. It was changed to a 104mm to 114mm at the last minute. If I were going to do it again, I'd use a 105mm to 113mm. Just a better fit using the same materials. If you end up doing a fully milled billet for the snout extension, then you could do what ever. I used some stock 4 1/2" schedule 40 pipe. Cheaper. Chris also changed the lower plate contour by adding tangent lines; just simpler and cleaner, with the same obstruction clearance. We ended up with this.
    2-SC_MatingPlate plate.JPG
    3-SC_MatingPlate.JPG
    For this one, we ended up using 1.25 M8 bolts and tapped accordingly. Easier to source M8s of that length in a 1.25 thread.

27. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

wow that was about three steps over my head for the first read lol but i got all day to reread it and i know someone who can do a cad system for it :) thanks for the info. still waiting an email about the ac unit. but the couplers i thought would be harder than three email and one phone call. I still have to clean up the s/c have not made it that far yet.

28. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Well, I thought about the corrections over lunch and I guess that it could be done by simply rotating the construction 90 degrees, like this:

1.5-SC_MatingPlate.JPG

Then drop this on top of the other for the full plate specs.

4-SnoutExtention.JPG 5-MatingPlate&SnoutExtensionAssembly.JPG 9-Shaft-Milling.JPG

Here's a bunch more. If you've got a guy to do CADs for you then it shouldn't be a problem. Anyone with a little machining experience should be able to duplicate the work. Everything was figured out so, you just have to copy it.

I've got a few more after you're done with these...:pop:

29. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

well then looks like u might just be bored this afternoon thanks ill be getting ahold of the guy to see if he can do it im sure he can if not he will know a place that can

30. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Yea, not bored, I like doing this kind of stuff and this build was a lot of fun. I enjoyed doing the build WAY more than the final product. Yea, it works perfect, but it was the detail of the tolerance and the different components that I dreamed up in my head, and then took them from my head and made them real. That's the simple way to say it. That was the most rewarding part of it.
    You'll get to do some of that too; your truck is not the same as mine...no A/C...

This was the plate mounted:

[​IMG]