1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Low Cost Sambar replacement brake rotor

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Bobacuda, May 16, 2019.

1. Bobacuda

Bobacuda Member

My "new" KS4 needs front brakes - the rotors are really chewed up. After checking out the sponsors and other Sambar parts suppliers, my budget will get really chewed up if I have to buy my brake parts through one of them.

I have read that Justy pads (and rear shoes) are the same. They can be found reasonable enough as aftermarket parts, but the front rotors appear to be another story.

I seem to recall someone on this site saying that an inexpensive aftermarket rotor is available, but it requires a portion of it (1/8"?) to be "cut down." I did not book mark it at the time and I cannot find it now - I have searched...a lot.

Does anyone know of the post that mentioned the rotor that would have to be cut down or does anyone know of an inexpensive front rotor for a KS4 Sambar truck?

2. matt167

matt167 Active Member

Lazorswardz likes this.
  3. Bobacuda

Bobacuda Member

Thanks for looking. I broke down and ordered a set from one of the site sponsors. I want to drive the new truck, but I also want to stop it . Got to do the brakes and charge the AC.