1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

limited info looking for information

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by NWCali, Apr 7, 2023.

1. NWCali

NWCali New Member

I looked at a Electric mini truck today, didn't take the time to even find out any information about it past looking at it, meaning I don't know the brand or anything.
    I own a 1993 Daihatsu, so, I know a little bit about these.

The current owner of the one I am looking at bought it from the county/city here in CA, so, it has plates on it (still not in his name though). The charger was no good when he bought it and I'm buying it for what he paid, $400.

so, I realize I have limited information, but, are these (any brand) even a thing? I looked in the forum headers and didn't see a "ev" section, did I miss it?

I'll come back with more information, but for $400 I just didn't see where the risk would be so bad it would not be worth it.... Figured I'd sort out the rest once its home.

Looking at it I'd say mid 90's, 2wd. Looks like the "standard" bed (sides fold down). For sure not a china made clone.

If anyone can point me to where people post about the electric ones I'd appreciate it. Probably my biggest question is going to be "what voltage" did most of these run at? I figure 48 VDC but I could also see in the 80=90 VDC range.

My intent it to get it running with Lithiums and for the most part I'm interested in the title/tag part. I know getting my 1993 Gas tagged here in California would not happen...

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Can't give any direct answer but possible info source. Ten to fifteen years ago, I used to go in & out of the Veterans Administration Hospital in Phoenix quite often as I was a DAV Volunteer Patient Transfer Driver for a number of years. Around back there was the Facility Maintenance Department. There were always several EV Minitrucks there they used to get around the large facility. Just as a suggestion if you happen to have such a facility anywhere near, might be a good place to talk to someone for info.

Fred

3. NWCali

NWCali New Member

I'll stop by the place the county had it, but I could see VA's having them in the past, but last I was at one they had UTVs now with golf course tires.