1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lift Question

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Badgerland, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Badgerland

Badgerland Member

I am in the process of installing a 2" lift on a 98 Carry. Have any of you ran into the problem of not being able to get the passenger side strut with spacer installed mounted back up to the plate because of no clearance? There simply isnt enough room with the spacer mounted on top of the strut. :confused:

If so, how did you overcome this? Would using a spring compressor solve the problem or??? The driver's side went on without a hitch but this one is driving me nuts.

I should also add that I did try searching on this but really didnt find anyone running into this problem with a 2" lift on a Zuki...

TIA!

2. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

if it doesn't go in easily, and you use a spring compressor to get it in there, just think of how much it's going to bind when you release the spring back to it's full height. have you got the type of lift that allows for camber compensation? that may be the problem.

3. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

If I read this correctly you installed the spacer plate to the top of the body and then are trying to get the strut in place...if this is correct then first you must first mount the spacer to the strut and then bolt to the body.

I wiggly the spacer into position, get the strut to play nice and into position and then bolt the spacer to the strut. Then bolt to the body. It's worked that way for me time and time again.

While it takes a small amout of force it will easily go into place. Just remember to mount the spacer to the strut and then to the body of the truck.

regards,

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  4. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

What Steven said is the best advise. You could also try removing the strut from the spindle and try it that way. Also...try leaving the bolts loose, it may help you wiggle it into place.

-Greg