1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lift kit questions

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by 1832kyle, Jul 26, 2012.

1. 1832kyle

1832kyle New Member

no one posts anything on the tiger truck forum so since most mini trucks and the same I will ask on here. I am thinking about putting a lift kit on a 2wd tiger truck. when I install the spacers for the front springs what do I need to do to get the camber back to normal?

2. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

If the tiger truck is like daihatsu suzuki ect. you will see on each end of the tie rods, lock down nuts(17mm?) Break each of those nuts (two nuts on each end tie rods) and turn the tie rod with a pipe wrench. It should take about 1/2 to 1 full turn of the rod to get tires back true. Before locking down the rod I would roll the truck a little bit and eye ball the tires and make sure they are true. Then lock down the nuts.
    When breaking the lock down nuts use a back up on rod otherwise you may break the rubber boots on the tie rod ends. If the little rubber boots break grease will come out and joint will be compromised with dirt.