1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lets see your hijet post some pics

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by beerwagon, Mar 25, 2008.

1. leopard_pagan

leopard_pagan Member

why not:-
    1) admin remove the links as all you Windoz PC lot are having trouble.
    2) ask the poster to use the likes of Photobucket and repost the links.
    3) sorry you dont get sympathy from me if you click on a link KNOWING there will be a nasty on the other end!

2. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

not asking for any sympathy, i looked at the link before anyone knew it was infected. just trying to keep anyone else from getting hit!

BTW nice bike , tell us more about it!
    larry

3. wainair

wainair Member

Ha! That's just like my 1991 Honda NT400 BROS! It was never imported to Canada by Honda. I bought it off a guy who had bought a containers worth of JDM bikes and sold them here(he even had a couple VFR400's from .91!). The NT400 is basically a Hawk 650GT that was sleeved down to 400cc for the Japanese graduated license system. It still has all the low end grunt that the 650 has but it doesn't have the high top end speed or the extra high insurance rates. I pay $250 per year on insurance with a learners license! The NT400 is pretty common in England I understand, but it's rare as diamonds over here.

[​IMG]

Sorry for the tangent. It's just great to see another JDM bike out there!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  4. leopard_pagan

leopard_pagan Member

most the 400cc bikes we have in the UK are rare for the US market, mainly due to the stringent customs/regulations the bikes have to meet when coming in. the VFR400 NC30 was officially imported in to the US for 3-4 years, same as official in the UK for the same time. so for those bikes its easier to get parts. for mine and most other 400cc Grey bikes we dont find an issue with parts as i know where to look and built a network of whos got what over the last 6-7 years.
    it originated from the 1st Blade that was made, the japs were missing out on these bikes they make for foreign markets so made 400cc versions to meet their stringent licence requirements.
    Honda: CBR, VFR, RVF, Bros and CB. Yamaha: YZF, FZR. Kwaka: ZZR, ZXR, Suzuki: GSXR, Bandit. These are the main core of "grey bikes"
    My bike...
    Its a Honda CBR400RR-L Gularm NC29 aka BabyBlade. 1991, Red line *starts* at 14,500RPM! engine blow up is at 16K RPM! i have had it for the last 7 years, its been ridden in all weathers bar snow, i have to draw the line somewhere!
    i forget the mileage but it is average for a bike this age/use.
    the paint job is a custom Blade urban tiger. not many 900s in this let alone 400s. i didnt know this when i bought it, i just liked the colour!
    Mods: HID ballast headlight kit, K&N air filter, custom SSteel headers, titanium end can. no baffles. custom one off hand built (by myself as i am in the industry) LED rear end; due for a redesign with SMT LEDs, all lights in the rear, flush mounted front indicators, yellow screen, custom covered pillion seat in yellow tribal flame. (needs replacing). the bike is a head turner due to its paint job. and i love it to bits. i also run a local bike club so the bike is well known in the area.

i have friend in the US military who i stripped and shipped in bits a VFR400 as he could not get one while in the US.
    check out www.400greybike.cc free sign up forum, several US members there.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  5. wainair

wainair Member

Nice Thanks for the 400greybike link. Honda Canada doesn't import any of it's 400cc street bikes and hasn't for a looonnnggg time. Just recently they started selling the CBR125 and some 250cc dual sport bikes trying to rejuvenate the entry bike market. But with our license laws here there is no motivation to bring in the lower CC bikes. I can get my learners permit and buy a Hayabusa tomorrow if I could afford the insurance so the 400's are hard to sell! The other makers more or less follow the same pattern or lump us in with the US sales model.

Funny, as it turns out my BROS was a rare bike among BROS too. It is a project two bike. The bikes gearing is more aggressive and the styling was a bit more sporty than the regular BROS. From what I've read it has a bit more grunt than the MK1 too. Cosmetically I've tried to keep it original. I've don the jets and airfilter and I'm redoing the forks this spring(progressive springs and gold valve emulators in the original tubes though) just to update and upgrade the ride. I've got some "streetfighter" dual headlights that I've been thinking about putting on but that's a rainy day project this summer.

Anyrate, cheers and safe riding!

6. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

Y'all get ALL the good stuff!

7. cajun666

cajun666 New Member

my dads hijet i got him [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. bwasyliuk

bwasyliuk New Member

Before and After - 3 inch lift - Yamaha wheels and tires

Thought this might be a good thread for a little display of a few days hard work. I knew I was going to have CV joint issues with the 3" lift - but since I new I could get ATV rims/tires a lot cheaper in the 25" size - it was worthwhile to put the extra effort into the fabrication of drop spacers, etc.

I can post more detailed pictures of the lift if anyone cares or is looking at doing this and wants to know whats involved.

Attached Files:

Liberty4Ever likes this.
  9. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Yes, pictures please. Always like to at different ideals.

10. gumballf355

gumballf355 Member

[​IMG]
    Took her out for some work the other day.

11. dpsrmag

dpsrmag Member

My Hijet photos

2001 S210P "street legal" Hijet. I use to tow behind our motorhome as a dinghy, and to carry recumbent bicycles. I live on a farm and have several Hijets. Mostly used for farm duties but this one is dressed up for the motorhome etc. Hope ya'll like it as much as I do. Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      209 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      226.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      247.9 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      100.1 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      84.6 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      116 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      76 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      232.4 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      186.4 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      133.1 KB
      Views:
  12. jtpc

jtpc Member

Hey dpsrmag, :) Like the Hijet. Looks like it serves your purposes well. Cool wheels/tires as well.

13. tyfyeq

tyfyeq Member

nice trucks guys. what is the deal with that yellow one?

14. wade280

wade280 New Member

91 hi jet

here is mine

Attached Files:

15. louannfd1

louannfd1 Member

Mr and Mrs Mini
    [​IMG]

16. starpuss

starpuss Member

LOOK how NIce i am on my truck? lol nice way to "brake" in a new truck with under 5000k lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. tyfyeq

tyfyeq Member

I saw that on you-tube you are my hero

18. tyfyeq

tyfyeq Member

19. tyfyeq

tyfyeq Member

20. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Was that sparks from the tailpipe? sweet:)

21. Griz

Griz Member

John Deere Hijet in Oklahoma

Here is My Hijet My grandson & I painted

Attached Files:

22. Here is a picture of my 92 S83P with 2 inch lift on stock tires hauling out a "Anthes" gas furnace from the 60s it also hauled the new Lennox to the customers place.

Great around town plumbing truck while helping out dad.

Attached Files:

Liberty4Ever likes this.
  23. hoggr9

hoggr9 New Member

92 Hijet Deckvan w/new shoes

This is after the 2" lift with new ITP SS 108's black wrapped in Carlisle 23x8x12 All-Trails.Much improved ride but i bit noisier down the road.
    So far so good and the looks were much improved.

Attached Files:

24. fupabox

new front push bar added,lifted 1 1/2 inches front with springs 2inches rear with shackles,Front hijet emblem from malaysia
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    wheels next on the list

25. tyfyeq

tyfyeq Member

New Wheels

[​IMG]

26. fupabox

Looks good..where did you find rims that fit ?

27. tyfyeq

tyfyeq Member

motosport alloys they are called m12 diesels 15x7

28. bob2068

bob2068 New Member

bob's hijet

Here's mine

Attached Files:

29. 4sp, 4x4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]