1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

led lighting problem

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by fupabox, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

You should post some pics of the process, I know I'd be interested!

2. zardoz

zardoz Member

I second the motion...

I'd also like any more info you can give. I'd like to convert my trucks lighting.

z

3. Badgerland

Badgerland Member

Here is your quick headlight replacement (or aux lights and you wont need headlights anymore): 1000 lumen LED work lights

However, not a good "on-road" option due to brightness. :D

Here's a picture of a pair custom mounted:
    [​IMG]

And here's a quick night video showing their effectiveness in snowy conditions: Mini Truck LED Work Lights on Blower Truck

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  4. Stuff99

Stuff99 Active Member Staff Member

super bright :D

5. fupabox

fupabox Active Member

ya those suckers are bright...I doubt I could get away with using em for headlights..I may get a set for fogs tho those are sweet..:).I will post the results and get some pictures as soon as possible

6. zardoz

zardoz Member

Can't help myself...

I just gotta ask... whats the supposed problem with the negative battery cable terminal touching body or frame? Once you've removed the terminal from the battery... you have broken the circuit... just sayin... :rolleyes:

z

7. fupabox

fupabox Active Member

Z not sure how I missed this post...but not sure I understand the question??:confused:

8. zardoz

zardoz Member

lol looks like the post I was replying to has been removed (boy do I look crazy or what?).

z

9. sdjenk

sdjenk New Member

They make a flasher for led lights they are called electronic flashers I got mine on ebay for about 15 bucks haven't put everything together to see if they all work together but I put one on the front and turned on the turn signal to find the correct wire for the back turn signal and it worked fine. I did notice that if you don't have any lights hooked up that the electronic flasher will not do anything. As soon as I hooked one light up it went to clicking and worked like it should. Kinda weird but whatever they work!

Acerguy likes this.
  10. Vitnzjp

Vitnzjp Member

if you will disconnect "-" on running enging, say goodbye to your electronic ignition block, or maybe not LOL

11. sdjenk

sdjenk New Member

Led's

Didn't disconnect anything on mine. I did do one thing wrong I connected the turn and brake together (light was a three wire) and when you turn on the turn signal left or right it was just like the flasher had been turned on. I saw where someone posted that they need to be seperate. So I will need to buy turn signal lights and put them to individual lights.

12. wreck

wreck Member

You can just install a tail light converter. It will take a stop/tail with seperate turn wires and convert it to stop/turn/tail (3 wire) light.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  13. fupabox

fupabox Active Member

Finally made a video of the LED full changeover...saves around 14 amps by my math ..Prob have around $1500 worth of LEDs in my collection in the garage (a bit impulsive with the "buy it now" button ..I will add a photo to this post later of all the bulbs I have sitting around cause I've been organizing the garage and it became a little freaky to see how many were jammed in all over the place:eek:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwxbQT15AuM

14. Stuff99

Stuff99 Active Member Staff Member

thats a nifty idea!

15. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Hey fupa. Did you find an electronic flasher module for led's that fit the truck?

16. fupabox

fupabox Active Member

I didn't bothr with an electronic flasher...actually research has proven the faster something flashed the more people notice it,so fast flashing could be a good idea in the long run:D

17. wreck

wreck Member

I put one on mine. I think it was a 2 wire grote with a ground wire. Seems to me there are 3 wires on a carry but you only use 2 of them and have to swap 2 around IIRC

18. greg0187

oh. looks pretty normal to me. :D I kinda figured the same thing when i switched mine over to LED, that and the electronic flashers were pricey!

I just wasn't sure if you used inline resistors... those are pretty much pointless when it comes to load reduction.

19. fupabox

fupabox Active Member

When I changed over my sons bike they flashed faster..but the Daihatsu is only faster flashing when using turn signals....when the 4 ways are on there must be enough resistance (with 6 bulbs powered) that the flasher is mostly normal.....yeah if the goal is to reduce load..adding resistance is kinda like pissing into the wind

20. greg0187

hmmm. mine flashes fast even with the hazard on. Maybe because my light assemblies are aftermarket :confused: I kinda like the strobe effect it makes though. :D